News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

non-Phish songs you're obsessed with right now

Started by Gumbo72203, August 11, 2009, 01:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: PG on September 05, 2013, 09:07:05 AM
Quote from: Guyute on September 04, 2013, 11:13:09 PM
The Revivalists - Criminal

I cannot stand this band. They are horrible. It's unfortunate because you can tell there is so much talent on board. They just make horrid musical choices.

I agree. 100%.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on September 05, 2013, 11:26:24 AM
Quote from: PG on September 05, 2013, 09:07:05 AM
Quote from: Guyute on September 04, 2013, 11:13:09 PM
The Revivalists - Criminal

I cannot stand this band. They are horrible. It's unfortunate because you can tell there is so much talent on board. They just make horrid musical choices.

I agree. 100%.

They opened for Dumpstafunk in Chicago post-phish and it was the most painful thing to sit through ever.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

July Talk are a great band from Toronto. Caught them at a free show in my hometown last week. Only 30 people in attendance who all became fans after they played two or three songs. I would have bought their album, but didn't have any left after being on the road in Europe for two weeks.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

I had a dude at work telling me I needed to listen to July Talk so I gave them a spin, I just could not get past the guy's voice.  The girl's was ok but his was just horrid imo and I had to stop listening.
That's part of my problem with WSP as well now that I think of it.  Nails on a chalkboard.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 14, 2014, 03:47:51 PM
I had a dude at work telling me I needed to listen to July Talk so I gave them a spin, I just could not get past the guy's voice.  The girl's was ok but his was just horrid imo and I had to stop listening.
That's part of my problem with WSP as well now that I think of it.  Nails on a chalkboard.

Yup, he is a screamer. Hoarse and coarse and hyperactive to boot. Tailor-made for loud rock 'n 'roll in my book.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

GBL

Little Green Cars - The John Wayne

Jenny Lewis - Just One of The Boys

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

sls.stormyrider

this one

mainly because of this cover version

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

gah

Soon it will be cold enough to build fires, Emancipator

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.