News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Igbo on September 14, 2013, 10:00:31 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 14, 2013, 09:12:45 PM
Finally got to meet up with my daughter's daycare teacher who had about 250 - 300 records that were collecting dust since her husband died.  Anyway, dude liked some very cool music, alot are doubles but I got some new Jimi, Stones, Van Morrison, ridic collection of reggae and world music, upgrade to my copy of Meddle, Blood on the Tracks and Deep Purple Machinehead.  Also a bunch of Boz Scaggs, Clapton and other stuff I've never heard of.  Most in decent condition but they're not well taken care of shall we say.
All for the low price of $0
I think the girl will at least get a hefty Christmas gift from us as thanks.

This is 2 collections I've now procured from widows who just wanted to get rid of the reminder sitting in their house.  I hope these things aren't hexed.

What reggae and world music did you get?

A bunch of Burnin' Spear, Peter Tosh, Third World and some other African groups that I didn't recognize.  I had to fly out to Vancouver at 6:00 am so I haven't been able to go through them thoroughly.  Currently sitting here at the Toronto airport.
And as for #1 of said widow, I don't have any.  I'd give her an 8, great shape, wears too much makeup.  The crazy part is she came in because my little girl was pumped she was at our house.  Anyway, she is wearing this crazy low cut shirt and I can see her red lace bra the entire time she was over.  Daycare teachers aren't supposed to dress like that are they?  Not to mention, she was telling me stories of her living in Baja and just having crazy amounts of ganj, almost getting caught multiple times by the Mexican military.  As she's been going through her late husbands stuff, she found a bunch of 'stamps' in a photo album, turns out they are blotter.  She also found a brick of hash carved into a statue (she lit a piece of it to be sure, checked out).  He was one of the main hookups for bands coming through the Vancouver area.
Very interesting stories.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Augustus

You throw a red lace bra on even Pie Guy and I'd be sportin' a chubby.

Augustus

That being said, I recently splurged on three records that have been on my wish list for a while.
Obvious answer if asked what they cost is always "around $10".

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 15, 2013, 09:57:04 AM
That being said, I recently splurged on three records that have been on my wish list for a while.

that being said where were these three records?  TELL US!!!!!
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Augustus

Quote from: JustJezmund on September 15, 2013, 11:41:57 AM

Amsterdam.
Japan.
San Fran.

I'll post a pic when they arrive...

Buffalo Budd

Spoken like a seasoned vet.  I tend to round down when asked by the wife.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 15, 2013, 05:00:52 PM

I just have them delivered to my work and sneak them in the house when she isn't looking.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 15, 2013, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on September 15, 2013, 11:41:57 AM

Amsterdam.
Japan.
San Fran.

I'll post a pic when they arrive...

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

hungover jez types wrong words.  I meant what were they.  but i guess ill wait now since my mistype started an international mystery.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on September 15, 2013, 05:14:52 PM

I just have them delivered to my work and sneak them in the house when she isn't looking.

That is some serious jedi skills.
We have joint accounts so she can see what comes and goes.  I've gotta be real stealthy to get away with anything.
That being said, I'm in Vancouver for the week and have 3 shops on the radar that I want to check out.  Let's see what I can sneak by her.  :mrgreen:

Mr. Natural

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 15, 2013, 08:56:00 AM
Quote from: Igbo on September 14, 2013, 10:00:31 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 14, 2013, 09:12:45 PM
Finally got to meet up with my daughter's daycare teacher who had about 250 - 300 records that were collecting dust since her husband died.  Anyway, dude liked some very cool music, alot are doubles but I got some new Jimi, Stones, Van Morrison, ridic collection of reggae and world music, upgrade to my copy of Meddle, Blood on the Tracks and Deep Purple Machinehead.  Also a bunch of Boz Scaggs, Clapton and other stuff I've never heard of.  Most in decent condition but they're not well taken care of shall we say.
All for the low price of $0
I think the girl will at least get a hefty Christmas gift from us as thanks.

This is 2 collections I've now procured from widows who just wanted to get rid of the reminder sitting in their house.  I hope these things aren't hexed.

What reggae and world music did you get?

A bunch of Burnin' Spear, Peter Tosh, Third World and some other African groups that I didn't recognize.  I had to fly out to Vancouver at 6:00 am so I haven't been able to go through them thoroughly.  Currently sitting here at the Toronto airport.
And as for #1 of said widow, I don't have any.  I'd give her an 8, great shape, wears too much makeup.  The crazy part is she came in because my little girl was pumped she was at our house.  Anyway, she is wearing this crazy low cut shirt and I can see her red lace bra the entire time she was over.  Daycare teachers aren't supposed to dress like that are they?  Not to mention, she was telling me stories of her living in Baja and just having crazy amounts of ganj, almost getting caught multiple times by the Mexican military.  As she's been going through her late husbands stuff, she found a bunch of 'stamps' in a photo album, turns out they are blotter.  She also found a brick of hash carved into a statue (she lit a piece of it to be sure, checked out).  He was one of the main hookups for bands coming through the Vancouver area.
Very interesting stories.

Reading that just took me to a PenthouseForum :evil: / 8-) Trans-HighMarketQuotations zone.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

Caravan2001

This is true.  One year I held on to 1/2 of Hicks' RSD haul  for a few months until "the time was right" lol....

antelope19

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 15, 2013, 11:59:00 PM

This is true.  One year I held on to 1/2 of Hicks' RSD haul  for a few months until "the time was right" lol....

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

justjezmund

Quote from: antelope19 on September 16, 2013, 12:05:51 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 15, 2013, 11:59:00 PM

one of the only good things about working nights three days a week is the fact that i can bring records in the house and i only have to sneak them by a baby.

justjezmund

Well here ya go.

http://now.msn.com/ashes-can-be-made-into-vinyl-records-says-jason-leach-of-and-vinyly

QuoteHave your ashes pressed into the vinyl record of your choosing
7/31/2013
Jason Leach, founder of And Vinyly, has announced a new option for those who'd rather die than live without music: Have your ashes combined with 24 minutes of audiophile-quality vinyl. The process is simple: Ashes are delivered to a pressing plant and sprinkled into raw vinyl. That said, it's pretty expensive, costing $4,600 for 30 copies of a record. If you don't have any music in mind, Leach's team can create a score for you, though that'll cost you, too (about $760 per track). That might be a little too steep for us: We'll just put R. Kelly's "Ignition Remix" on loop and be done with it.

Igbo

Quote from: JustJezmund on September 17, 2013, 12:49:47 PM
Well here ya go.

http://now.msn.com/ashes-can-be-made-into-vinyl-records-says-jason-leach-of-and-vinyly

QuoteHave your ashes pressed into the vinyl record of your choosing
7/31/2013
Jason Leach, founder of And Vinyly, has announced a new option for those who'd rather die than live without music: Have your ashes combined with 24 minutes of audiophile-quality vinyl. The process is simple: Ashes are delivered to a pressing plant and sprinkled into raw vinyl. That said, it's pretty expensive, costing $4,600 for 30 copies of a record. If you don't have any music in mind, Leach's team can create a score for you, though that'll cost you, too (about $760 per track). That might be a little too steep for us: We'll just put R. Kelly's "Ignition Remix" on loop and be done with it.

Saw this a few years ago. Already discussed this with the wife. She's on board. I want 45's of Eyes of The World pressed for everyone at my funeral.