News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars

Started by redrum, December 30, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

watching a really cool star wars doc on the history channel right now. with commentaries from peter jackson, stephen colbert and other random filmmakers and professors.

anyone here ever seen it before?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

thechad

Yeah, The Philosophy of Star Wars, it's pretty good, I think it might be on the special features of the newest release, that and the next show Star Wars Tech. 
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

redrum

i'm digging it. it's cool to get other peoples "philosophies" on certain things vs. hearing it from george lucas himself.

kevin smith says something like: i hafta love jabba the hut, one cause i'm shaped like him & two cause if it weren't for jabba we'd never see princess lea in a bikini.

---

ytowndan

Quote from: redrum on December 30, 2007, 06:14:16 PM
kevin smith says something like: i hafta love jabba the hut, one cause i'm shaped like him & two cause if it weren't for jabba we'd never see princess lea in a bikini.

:lol:

Thats some funny shit.  And kinda true.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

redrum

totally.

he goes onto say that Jabba is sexy because anybody who just sits around and has things done in front of them like that is rich and powerful enough to lay around and get served all day is just sexy.

:lol:

---

rowjimmy

Got this for xmas:

On this last page... Luke & Vader's lightsabers light up.

Bobafett

coolest pop up book ever. 

Star Wars is the great american "epic"...i argue that media formats have changed culture enough to encompass more than texts and poetry into the classic epic formula...in medias res, clearly defined heroes, yadda yadda.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

blatboom

The Empire Strikes Back is my all-time favorite movie.

episodes I, II, and III are like post-hiatus phish.

Guyute

Quote from: blatboom on January 01, 2008, 05:19:15 PM
The Empire Strikes Back is my all-time favorite movie.

Quoted for Truth
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

ytowndan

III was the only good new one IMO.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

blatboom

Quote from: ytowndan on January 01, 2008, 08:53:39 PM

if I had to pick a fave I'd probably go w/ II but they're all pretty painful to watch.  Seeing episode I for the first time was one of the most disappointing things ever.

Hicks

Quote from: blatboom on January 01, 2008, 09:21:14 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on January 01, 2008, 08:53:39 PM

if I had to pick a fave I'd probably go w/ II but they're all pretty painful to watch.  Seeing episode I for the first time was one of the most disappointing things ever.

Word, II would be my pick too, the last 45 minutes almost conjured up the old Star Wars magic.

III really pissed me off though, it was supposed to be the best one of the entire series but was just more of the same bad dialog and poor acting. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Bobafett

The beginning of III is the best of new star wars...that battle is just enormous on the big screen.  Of the old school, Empire is the best, cause Luke turns into the little bitch he is...and Vader rocks his ass.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

antelope19

Anyone ever think there is a reason episodes IV, V, and VI were released first?  Think we would be discussing this stuff if it went the other way around?  I certainly don't.  Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of this series.  But I just don't think it would have taken like it has if the first couple episodes were released first. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sunrisevt

Quote from: blatboom on January 01, 2008, 05:19:15 PM

Maybe if they replaced a bandmember and played the same one setlist, night after night.

Lucas deserves a Sarlacc treatment. It's like he colorized his own damn movie or something. The King of the Assholes.

My last: Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix. Awesome.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.