News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer Heights High

Started by McGrupp, January 09, 2012, 02:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

I'm sure I'm late to the party, but to those who have never seen this show, you gotta check it out. One of the more hilarious shows I've seen in a while. There's only 1 season, and it was released in 2007.

QuoteSummer Heights High is a Logie Award-winning[1] Australian television mockumentary series written by and starring Chris Lilley. It is a parody of high-school life epitomised by its three protagonists: effeminate and megalomaniacal "Director of Performing Arts" Mr G; self-absorbed, privileged teenager Ja'mie King; and disobedient, vulgar Tongan student Jonah Takalua. All played by Lilley, the characters never interact. It lampoons Australian high school life and many aspects of the human condition and is filmed in a documentary style, with non-actors playing supporting characters.

All of the episodes are on youtube.

Episode 1:

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

gah

Dude, that Chris Lilley is hilarious! Have you seen his new show Angry Boys? Just started a couple weeks ago, iirc. I've only seen one episode but it's in the same comedic styling and he plays like 3 or 4 roles in it too.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

phil

a kid on my hall sophomore year had it on dvd. I watched the whole season, but literally the only thing I remember is the "Puck you, miss" stuff with Jonah. I need to go back and re-watch.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

McGrupp

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 09, 2012, 02:23:59 PM
Dude, that Chris Lilley is hilarious! Have you seen his new show Angry Boys? Just started a couple weeks ago, iirc. I've only seen one episode but it's in the same comedic styling and he plays like 3 or 4 roles in it too.

I haven't seen it, but I should check it out.

Quote from: phil on January 09, 2012, 02:33:26 PM
a kid on my hall sophomore year had it on dvd. I watched the whole season, but literally the only thing I remember is the "Puck you, miss" stuff with Jonah. I need to go back and re-watch.

Jonah is probably my favorite character in the show, but they're all pretty spot-on and epic.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on January 09, 2012, 02:36:58 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on January 09, 2012, 02:23:59 PM

I haven't seen it, but I should check it out.

Quote from: phil on January 09, 2012, 02:33:26 PM

Jonah is probably my favorite character in the show, but they're all pretty spot-on and epic.

Yeah, Jonah's hilarious. If you like that character, you'll like Angry Boys, because it's basically him playing Jonah, but as twin brothers! So the camera work is pretty good too, as well as his own grandmother, and also a rapper named Smouse. And maybe another roll too, I can't remember. Funny shit.

phil

So I just re-watched the first episode. I forgot just how awesome this show is, I'm about to do work on the rest if the BCS game continues to suck (which it will)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

gah

The 2nd DVD off netflix only has episode 8, but then a bunch of bonus material, including outtakes for each of the three characters, I only watched the Jonah ones, but it was like 45 minutes long and hilarious. Definitely check it out, also check the We Can Be Heroes trailer, gonna have to watch that too.