News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postjack

Strangely, it kind of makes me want to listen to Mozart today.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

whatthecello42

Interesting quote from Wikipedia:
QuoteMozart wrote the solo viola part for his Sinfonia Concertante a semitone lower, with the viola strings to be tuned a semitone higher to D♭, A♭, E♭, B♭. A common practice of the time, changing the pitch of the open strings was primarily intended to make the viola sound louder, and so better discernible in the symphonic orchestra: indeed, increasing the tension in a string, not only sharpens the pitch, but also makes it sound louder, the loudest sound being obtained just before breaking. Other viola concerti employing this type of scordatura were written by Carl Stamitz, Johann Baptist Vaňhal, Johann Andreas Amon, Jiří Družecký, Johannes Matthias Sperger and Johann Georg Hermann Voigt.[1] Source: Riley, Maurice W. (1991). The History of the Viola, Volume II. Ann Arbor, Michigan: Braun-Brumfield. pp. 138–143.

fauxpaxfauxreal

rowjimmy

kellerb

Quoteblaaarrrrggghhhh111!!@@ wtfbbqapplesauce!!!!@@!#!#s chit gets fucking real

FACT.

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 30, 2011, 11:20:08 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 30, 2011, 05:11:47 PM
All facts, all the time.

Copyright infringement.   

:police:

The release was one of journalistic interest and not-for-profit.
No judge would find against me.

Besides, you should pay me for editing. Look how much better it flows without the Black Metal tangent.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 31, 2011, 07:36:24 AM
All facts, all the time.

Copyright infringement.   

Besides, you should pay me for editing. Look how much better it flows without the Black Metal tangent.

black metal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOxban5lPOI&feature=related
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

jam>

Quote from: whatthecello42 on May 30, 2011, 03:32:51 PM
QuoteMozart wrote the solo viola part for his Sinfonia Concertante a semitone lower, with the viola strings to be tuned a semitone higher to D♭, A♭, E♭, B♭. A common practice of the time, changing the pitch of the open strings was primarily intended to make the viola sound louder, and so better discernible in the symphonic orchestra: indeed, increasing the tension in a string, not only sharpens the pitch, but also makes it sound louder, the loudest sound being obtained just before breaking. Other viola concerti employing this type of scordatura were written by Carl Stamitz, Johann Baptist Vaňhal, Johann Andreas Amon, Jiří Družecký, Johannes Matthias Sperger and Johann Georg Hermann Voigt.[1] Source: Riley, Maurice W. (1991). The History of the Viola, Volume II. Ann Arbor, Michigan: Braun-Brumfield. pp. 138–143.

Is this proof of Mozart's use of a proto-whale call technique?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: jam> on May 31, 2011, 12:58:45 PM

Not at all.  It just means that Mozart utilized alternate tunings.

fauxpaxfauxreal

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!@!@!@!@$#$##@!!!

ph92

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 31, 2011, 11:00:49 PM
PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!@!@!@!@$#$##@!!!

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 31, 2011, 12:21:30 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 31, 2011, 07:36:24 AM
All facts, all the time.

Copyright infringement.   

black metal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOxban5lPOI&feature=related
  :crazy: :crazy: :rawk: :rawk: :crazy: :crazy:
:beerbang: :beerbang: :rawk: :rawk: :crazy: :crazy: :rawk: :rawk: :beerbang: :beerbang:
:crazy: :crazy: :rawk: :rawk: :crazy: :crazy:
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

whatthecello42

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 31, 2011, 01:30:54 PM
Quote from: jam> on May 31, 2011, 12:58:45 PM

Not at all.  It just means that Mozart utilized alternate tunings.

Yeah, but he didn't invent it.  Scordatura, as it is called, was around before his time.  Anyway, I say Page should learn the glass harmonica: 

I'd love to hear that amplified in an arena or ampitheather, more interesting than a theremin IMO.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Poster Nutbag

Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ