News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Quote from: susep on July 11, 2012, 09:02:56 PM
Quote from: GBL on July 11, 2012, 08:44:15 PM
Every "big" jam this year ends the same way, why aren't more people talking about this?

Type II territory then done 1:30 later..

yup, like the KDF from Spac, preety straight forward reading, finally goes into some tasty group improv in the last 2-3 minutes w/ Mike playing some nostalgic jam lines(listen) but ultimately dissolves.

And those 2-3 minutes are why we are all here
If this is love, I'm never going home..

gah

Quote from: GBL on July 11, 2012, 09:45:37 PM
Quote from: susep on July 11, 2012, 09:02:56 PM
Quote from: GBL on July 11, 2012, 08:44:15 PM
Every "big" jam this year ends the same way, why aren't more people talking about this?

Type II territory then done 1:30 later..

yup, like the KDF from Spac, preety straight forward reading, finally goes into some tasty group improv in the last 2-3 minutes w/ Mike playing some nostalgic jam lines(listen) but ultimately dissolves.

And those 2-3 minutes are why we are all here

Just listened to this and that's what I was talking about elsewhere. As long as you don't mind getting blue balled while in a space suit while laying on your back on top of a rocket ready to be launched into outer space, you'll be ok with what Phish is doing nowdays. That's what happened there. Everyone was ready, countdown started, and Trey called off the launch due to bad weather (or some such nonsense).
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sophist

Anyone that thinks summer 2012 was the best tour in the last ten years is either a fucking moron or a n00b of the most epic proportions.  I just finished watching 3/1/2003, and I laughed the whole way to the bank.  Jesus, I just .... I don't know what to make of how phans rationalize this shit at times. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: sophist on July 12, 2012, 12:29:15 AM
Anyone that thinks summer 2012 was the best tour in the last ten years is either a fucking moron or a n00b of the most epic proportions.  I just finished watching 3/1/2003, and I laughed the whole way to the bank.  Jesus, I just .... I don't know what to make of how phans rationalize this shit at times.

Always thought Greensboro was a bit underrated, that Piper is wicked.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

qop24

Oh hai Gumbo!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

antelope19

Quote from: Hicks on July 12, 2012, 12:57:40 AM

Always thought Greensboro was a bit underrated, that Piper is wicked.

Qft. Loved being there and still re-visit from time to time.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

Could you be trying to justify to yourself for missing out on these shows?  :wink:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: GBL on July 11, 2012, 09:44:19 PM
Let's rage Dick's, bro.. Seriously

Seriously, use the preview button before making posts with the words DICK. 

And also, 3/1/03 was pretty dope show.  Piper is really sweet all the way through Boogie On in particular.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mbw

i wanna rage dicks with all you guys.

Marmar

Phish isn't back.....they're still a long way from being back.....but, I will say that there are more and more moments within a show where glimpses of their former selves can't help but to rear their ugly heads.....

If they were just more consistant I think.....if the consistancy was there more then we wouldn't be having this debate on if they are back or not.....until then.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Hicks

Quote from: Marmar on July 12, 2012, 12:20:31 PM
Phish isn't back.....they're still a long way from being back.....but, I will say that there are more and more moments within a show where glimpses of their former selves can't help but to rear their ugly heads.....

If they were just more consistant I think.....if the consistancy was there more then we wouldn't be having this debate on if they are back or not.....until then.....

Agreed, for every 7-8 there's a 7-4. . . 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Marmar

Exactly....that's all I've been sayin from the get-go of their "return"......that's where my "h8red" stems from. There's just not enough consistancy from show to show.....hell, even from song to song WITHIN a show.....I've seen bad shows, but that's exactly what they were, BAD shows......now it's like they can rip the snot outta a song or two, then shit the bed diarhea style for the next couple only to rage a few more.....

I honestly could care less about the type II/type I debates just as long as they are consistantly playing well in the context of each show, and progressing within the context of a tour......and IMHO, this is really the first tour I've heard since their return where, with a few exceptions, each show progressed to a higher level of consistancy.....I understand the repeats (takes the fear of fucking up something else outta the equation) and the song selections (easy songs are hard to fuck up!)....But there is still a little bit of inconsistancy within the context of each show that needs to be addressed before stating "PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!"......

They are definitely making the steps in the right direction though.....and for that,  :clap: :phish:
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

I was going to craft a snarky metaphorical post last night but got sidetracked (stupid parenting responsibilities.)

Since then, Marmar has pretty much covered my actual point.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 12, 2012, 01:11:51 PM
I was going to craft a snarky metaphorical post last night but got sidetracked (stupid parenting responsibilities.)

Since then, Marmar has pretty much covered my actual point.

but we would still like the daily dose of sarcasm, please.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."