News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Animal House vs. Ghostbusters

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Animal House vs. Ghostbusters

it's like choosing which of your two children you like best. this one is impossible.

mistercharlie

Quote from: cactusfan on May 08, 2012, 03:22:07 AM
it's like choosing which of your two children you like best. this one is impossible.
Truth!

I can't decide. But the kid in my is screaming to vote for Ghostbusters.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

No job is too big, no fee is too big.

VDB

Animal House had more drinking, swearing and nudity. Tie breaker.
Is this still Wombat?

Multibeast12

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

cactusfan

i'm going with Animal House. but i'm feeling very guilty about it.

ytowndan

Had Belushi not died when he did, this would have been a "Belushi Battle" (as the role of Dr. Peter Venkman was originally written for him).  Makes ya wonder if it would have been better or worse, as it surely would have been a much different film.  It's kinda hard to imagine Ghostbusters without Bill Murray, even if another comedy legend was in his place. 

Anyhow, I considered not voting at all for this one.  But I can't not vote for Ghostbusters. 

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

aphineday

This is a shitty choice. The first REAL hard choice I've had to make, buuuuut...

Double Secret Probation time.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

PIE-GUY

This one's not over...

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

khalpin

I can't believe this one is remotely close.  Apparently I need to see Ghostbusters again.  I can remember 50 classic scenes/lines from Animal House.  I can remember about 3 from Ghostbusters.

[edit: Looks like it's available streaming from Netflix.  Guess I'll watch it tonight]

VDB

Quote from: khalpin on May 10, 2012, 08:16:37 AM
I can't believe this one is remotely close.  Apparently I need to see Ghostbusters again.  I can remember 50 classic scenes/lines from Animal House.  I can remember about 3 from Ghostbusters.

This is kind of my feeling, as well. And I've even watched GB within the last few years. Guess it merits another go...
Is this still Wombat?