News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

TSA Thread

Started by VDB, November 18, 2010, 10:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qop24

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 24, 2010, 04:02:27 PM
I'm on the airplane right now.  I fucking hate airplanes.

but security was a breeze in Boston.  Saw the scanners but they weren't even using them.

I was slightly disappointed because I was hoping SOMEONE would get to see my x-ray wiener :cry:

but that would also require a microscope, there just isn't enough funding for both!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20101124/13360812013/tsa-demonstration-gropings-backfires-congress.shtml

TSA 'Demonstration' Of Gropings Backfires In Congress
from the oops dept

Apparently the TSA went to Capitol Hill this week to "demonstrate" the new groping pat downs to prove to folks in Congress that they're really not so bad. The only problem? Those watching the gropings seemed to get exactly the opposite sense:

He said that several House staffers were uncomfortable and averted their eyes when the TSA demonstrated an enhanced pat-down in the room of 200 people.

"The dumbest part: they did two pat-down demonstrations -- male on male, and female on female," the House staffer said. And they used a young female TSA volunteer "and in front of a room of 200 people, they touched her breasts and her buttocks. People were averting their eyes. The TSA was trying to demonstrate 'this is not so bad,' but it made people so uncomfortable to watch, that people were averting their eyes."

"They shot themselves in the foot," the staffer continued.

Now, will those in Congress actually do anything about all this? It's really amazing how frequently the TSA and its supporters insist that the gropings "aren't so bad." It really suggests a huge disconnect between what they're doing and what people consider "bad" to be.

emay

flying from charlotte > bmore, there was no trouble, not even body scanners or anything.
Doubt it will be like that bmore > char though

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 25, 2010, 04:35:08 PM
flying from charlotte > bmore, there was no trouble, not even body scanners or anything.

BWI has the scanners...

ph92

::Walked up to security::
::Lady checks my pass and ID::
TSA Lady: Sir would you like to use our new scanning method? (The line is totally vacant)
Me: Do I have to? I have seen the news and it makes me uncomfortable.
TSA: No, but we are randomly choosing people to go through it.

So of course I take off my shoes, my belt, empty my pockets, take out my laptop and my liquids bag. Throw them on the belt....

TSA: Sir, would you please step over to this line please?

I just took the 7 second radiation, wasn't that bad. But I still don't like it. I'm not a homophobe but, I still don't like dudes checking out my Johnson.

There was a girl in front of me getting the "enhanced" pat-down. I think if girls wear underwire bras they have to get the pat down, so that sucks. But she was getting her titties and ass grabbed. When I got over to grab my stuff she starts singing this song.

Classic :-D

Too bad I took too long grabbing my shit, she was not bad. :-D Also the fact that she talked to me randomly is a plus haha. Oh well.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

ytowndan

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

That's great!  I remember seeing the original report when it happened, but I never saw the remix.   :clap:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 25, 2010, 09:25:48 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 25, 2010, 04:35:08 PM

BWI has the scanners...

Made it through BWI Saturday night without having to visit the scanner. I figured it'd be a lock but at the checkpoint for D concourse they were running mostly metal detectors. Kinda disappointing, I was looking forward to insisting on a pat-down this trip.  :-o Maybe next month...
Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

I fly about once a month (twice if you include the return flight) and have only been subjected to the scanner once.  I thought it was fun, I got nothing to be ashamed of  :mrgreen:

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

TSA Opt-Out Day A Hilarious Non-Issue (But Were The Machines Turned Off To Pevent A Scene?)

QuoteIt's pretty clear that the so-called Opt Out Day was a failure of XFL proportions, but the reason it was a failure may actually because the TSA simply wanted to avoid a scene. Twitter was full of reports saying that those silly machines were turned off just to expedite holiday travel.

It wasn't just Twitter. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said that were was "limited, if any, use of the controversial full-body scanners" at the big airport down there.

Same deal at Newark International Airport in New Jersey: scanners were largely turned off, meaning that people never even had the chance to opt-out of anything.

(excerpt)

If this is true, then how absurd is it that the TSA would first institute these measures, and then vigorously defend them, on the basis of their absolute necessity, and then simply abandon them because the traveling public, who apparently can be trusted no more than they can be reliably and effectively profiled, complained..
Is this still Wombat?

ph92

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on November 29, 2010, 12:10:01 PM
TSA Opt-Out Day A Hilarious Non-Issue (But Were The Machines Turned Off To Pevent A Scene?)

QuoteIt's pretty clear that the so-called Opt Out Day was a failure of XFL proportions, but the reason it was a failure may actually because the TSA simply wanted to avoid a scene. Twitter was full of reports saying that those silly machines were turned off just to expedite holiday travel.

It wasn't just Twitter. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said that were was "limited, if any, use of the controversial full-body scanners" at the big airport down there.

Same deal at Newark International Airport in New Jersey: scanners were largely turned off, meaning that people never even had the chance to opt-out of anything.

(excerpt)

If this is true, then how absurd is it that the TSA would first institute these measures, and then vigorously defend them, on the basis of their absolute necessity, and then simply abandon them because the traveling public, who apparently can be trusted no more than they can be reliably and effectively profiled, complained..
Because they are hypocrites.

Also I didn't know about Newark shutting them off till I got there and went through security. It was nice, they are all lined up down this hall (instead of side by side like usual) and they sent me down the hall. Low and behold the millimeter wave machine line was gated off and no one was in there.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

justjezmund

I have no problem with flying, never have.  But i am pretty much never doing it again.  I'll take a covered wagon cross the oregon trail before i support this shit ever again.

fuck planes.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

rowjimmy

justjezmund

utterly ridiculous.  Ive come to a conslusion about TSA agents after flying a few times sine 9/11 and seeing these new videos.  TSA = typical sexless asshole. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.