News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Northeast New Years

Started by mattstick, October 12, 2006, 06:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on December 25, 2006, 01:32:40 PM
haha oh god....  i sure hope i dont run into you and Matt, August  :wink:

i dont know what id do if i saw you in person.  lol. 

i think ill buy a plain white t-shirt and write "DEER CREEK GUMBO" on the front and back so you guys can find me...  hahaha

maybe you'll be tripping out and i'll scare the hell out of ya!
just kidding, i'm sure we'll bump into each other.
a

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: august on December 25, 2006, 01:44:49 PM
maybe you'll be tripping out and i'll scare the hell out of ya!
just kidding, i'm sure we'll bump into each other.
a

I wish I was going....I'll have to settle for Raq in Charlotte.

cleech74

No other east coasters hittin DC?  Guess I'll represent the 'paug myself, ya lame-asses! :-P

With my friends and I, we've got 6 going.  I gave my sister and her fiance tix for X-Mas, today.  Blew their minds with that one. 

Got 3 old tour buddies going, as well.

I plan to have too much fun. :banana:
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

August

i was thinking about it, but i have an important "meeting" Thursday at 9AM.
there is no way to do it.
why dont you come to one of the AC shows?
i think the 30th is gonna be free...or pretty cheap!
a

cleech74

Love to go to AC, but I work this Saturday.  Plus, I work at a friend's food stand for Ravens games, and Sunday is the last reg season home game. 

ACNYE not going to be in the cards for me, this time. :-(
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

ma215

Just got done meeting w/ my P.O. and I'm all set for NYE. Thank God she didnt piss test me, looks like I got a lil' lucky. Can't wait to see what Trey has up his sleeve for this New year's.

cleech74

Still have the smile on my face.  Here's what I can put together, half stoned after the show.  Please forgive, not quite sure of the order, I'm going on memory alone.  End of set two is still a lil hazy. 

As the band took the stage, the crowd erupted into cheers that lasted a good minute or two before they launched into Shine.  It was a nice little moment.

12-27-06
9:30 Club, DC

Set I:

Shine
Simple Twist Up Dave  (nice)
Mud City
Mozambique  (love this one, great version)
Last Tube  (brought the heat)
Love is Freedom  (rocked out a jam)
Undermind  (lil rough, but nice with horns esp. Bari Sax)
Cincinnatti (good set closer)

Set II:

Host Across the Patomac (someone else needs to sing this, but I like the song)
Plasma (the shite)
Drifting
Night Speaks to a Woman (tore it up)
Push On Till the Day  (highlight of the show for me, band hitting on all cylynders)
Sweet Dreams Melinda
Inlaw Josey Wales (acoustic)
? (acoustic)
maybe a third acoustic
Goodbye Head
?

E:First Tube (w/ marching outro)  -second line parade, left everyone smiling! :-D

rowjimmy

here's the pt setlist (they agree with you, pretty much):
12/27/06 9:30 Club, Washington, DC

Trey's band for the New Year's 2006 Run is: Trey (Guitar), Tony Hall (Bass), Ray Paczkowski (Keys), Jeff Sipe (Drums), Christina Durfee (Vocals), Jennifer Hartswick (Trumpet, Vocals), Cyro Baptista (Percussion), Dave Grippo (Sax), Russell Remington (Sax, Flute), Peter Apfelbaum (Sax) and Jeff Cressman (Trombone)

Set I: Shine, Simple Twist Up Dave, Mud City, Mozambique, Last Tube> Love is Freedom, Undermind, Cincinnati

Set II: Host Across The Potomac, Plasma, Drifting, Night Speaks To A Woman, Push On Til the Day, Air Said To Me, The Inlaw Josie Wales1, Sweet Dreams Melinda1, Goodbye Head, Tuesday

Encore: First Tube

1 Solo Acoustic

mattstick

cleech74

^You should be.  Just looking back at last night's setlist.  It was a good night of music.  High energy from Trey and the Band.  Weird crowd, though.  That didn't stop me and my friends from Rockin' Out! :banana:

Not one cover tune, unless you count Undermind.  Good variety of songs.  Mix of old and new.  Tony, Jeff, and Ray make a great rhythm section.  Having Cyro Baptista back in the mix was nice, he's Loco!  I like Horns, so 5 was nice, especially with the Truth sitting in.

Unfortunately, Trey seemed to lose his voice a lil in the second set.  The acoustic tunes were nice, but he was really straining to sing.  But that's not really why I go to see him, so no biggie.

I had a great time, it was a really fun show. :-D

birdman

How did trey look/sound?
Hope y'all catch some good shows. Cant say Im not a bit jealous...I'll have to live vicariously through y'all.
Paug FTMFW!

Gumbo72203

Makisupa opener tomarrow night.  Any takers?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

ma215

Alumni busted out tonight? WTF Trey?  You should be busting that out in AC when I'm in the crowd.  Would have like to have compared the Alumni i saw at Alpine to tonight's. Oh well, looks like a good first show and the first set from tonight looks sweet too.  Cant wait for Saturday and Sunday night.

Hicks

12/28/06 Orpheum Theatre

Boston, MA December 28, 2006 08:00 PM

Set One

* Mr. Completely
    * Sand
    * Shine
    * Last Tube
    * What's Done
    * Mozambique
    * Alumni Blues
    * Mud City

Set Two

* Simple Twist up Dave
    * Low
    * Money Love and Change>
    * Sex Machine>
    * Percussion Parade through Crowd>
    * Money Love and Change
    * Push on Til the Day
    * Bar 17
    * Cincinnati>
    * Tuesday

Encore

* Sleep Again
    * Sweet Dreams Melinda
    * Come as Melody

Looks pretty sick to me.   :beers:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ucusty

last night's setlist looks nice,  the orpheum is such a nice place to see trey.  I heard the balcony broke at a boxing match there in the 70's is there any truth to that?