News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Soccer Thread

Started by MiamiPhish, August 18, 2008, 03:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

what channel are you watching them on?  the chelsea v. arsenal match is from this last weekend... which is what will be played all week.

matches are only on the weekend, except for the club competitions like the champs league and uefa cup... which are usually tuesday - wednesday.  but only on certain weeks... last week was both champs league & uefa, so it will be a couple more weeks till more matches... perhaps until after the january break
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

MiamiPhish

Yeah, I can catch all the champions cup/UEFA matches on ESPN(2).

Fox Sports Florida was where the EPL match was on.
GolTV is where the bundesliga match is on.  They constantly play La Liga and Bundesliga matches on GolTV.

jedifunk

mmm, i don't get GolTV.. i don't even think its part of any package that comcast offers here.

and i only sometimes get matches on espn2
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Declan

I would really like to see Villa get a win against Everton.

Quote from: jedifunk on December 02, 2008, 02:30:11 PM

and declan... aston villa?  really?  interesting, never a villa fan... good looking match this weekend with everton though... maybe they can keep pace with the big four and steal a champs league spot this year

Well lets say, stuttgart had to go... they were at the bottom of the bundesliga and i think the only reason i had them on there was cause of my fifa team.

Now I really would like to see a team like Villa take down Liverpool/Man U.

The draw against man-u 2 weeks ago was pretty damn close.  Ashley Young put a shot to the top corner that looked like a cross.... luckily Van der Sar is a good keeper.

I just like some of Villas rising starts agbonlahor, young, davies, milner.

I was pretty damn happy when they took down arsenal 2-0

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

MiamiPhish

I saw that draw with the United.... that was one of the best second halves I've ever seen, even without scoring!

Declan

:lol:  I'm watchin that 2nd half right now....

i just watched luke young take the ball from tevez and tevez just chased him all the way back to the man u box.... that was funny stuff.

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

MiamiPhish

Chelsea - CFR
ESPN2, 2:30pm ET

The Championssss!!!

jedifunk

chelsea need at least a draw today to qualify for the knockout stage...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Declan

So i'm sick of hearing about football (the fake one)....

wow, so villa is doing really well in the premier league and i cannot wait till the boxing day match against arsenal.
Ashley Young and agbonlahor are turning out to be quite the duo... and O'Neill is one damn good coach.

man u should have scored a minimum of 4 goals today in the club world cup but they settled with just 1.

AC milan couldnt stop scoring against udinese... really some great football today by milans forwards expecially kaka and pato.

really impressive and im sure jedi is very happy

jedifunk

yes, that was an impressive showing from milan yesterday... after we went up 2-0 and then udinese scored, i thought "here we go again" since we usually blow it, but then pato scored again a minute later!

i was impressed with what i saw of gamba osaka at the cwc... they've got some ballers for sure!

and yes, villa looks good to perhaps break the big 4!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Not really my sport but I did watch a good match last week between the Hotspurs and ManU. ended 0-0.

jedifunk

futbol can be wildly entertaining when given a chance!  i much prefer to watch it over the NFL these days... all the time outs, commercials, etc. the stoppage in play between each down.

soccer is great cuz it flows and moves and never stops...  and to watch how effortlessly they can control the ball with their feet, its amazing
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

It's great fun to watch... It just doesn't rise up on my radar too often and, as such, I have little to no idea about who's who.

jedifunk

thats another thing that i think is great about soccer, in a lot of cases it doesn't matter who is who.

unlike the nfl, in which you really wouldn't want to watch say, detroit vs. kc, if you can watch say, tottenham v. stoke, you would still see an entertaining match with some pretty decent skills on display.

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Declan

jedi, you think Ashley Young will transfer to Madrid?

im gonna be going crazy on friday for the villa match.

Martin O'Neill is one badass dude.

getting ready to watch everton and chelsea at 3 eastern...

But anyways, Milan were really top class.... I love when Ronaldinho does that look one way pass another...

he did it when he was receiving a ball out of the air in that match... what a tricky mofo.

I also totally agree that all the stopping, commercials, and such turned me right of from football this season.

It just got... Boring.  :roll:

Soccer is amazing.... such a simple idea, so many possibilities.