News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/16 - Fox Theatre - St. Louis, MO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 17, 2009, 01:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift

Phish
2009-06-16
Fox Theater, St. Louis, MO

Set 1:
Kill Devil Falls, Ocelot, Brian & Robert, Sample, Rift, Ya Mar, Reba, Train Song, Horn, Possum > Slave To The Traffic Light

Set 2:
Halley's Comet > Runaway Jim, Frankie Says, Time Turns Elastic, Sleep, Mike's Song > I am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Character Zero

Encore:
The Star Spangled Banner*, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

*-a cappella

I'll need to give this a listen before commenting. Looks okay on paper but the truth is in the listening.

I'm sure those that attended will have something better to offer up in the way of opinions.
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

Itsnotanexperience

Wow.

The first set was tight and dancey and solid.  The reba and possum were at times, mind melting.

The Halley's was sick.   

The jam out of boogie on was wonderful.

I loved everything but the TTE and slave....even the zero kicked.

Rift was TIGHT.

7 out of 10.....caN't wait for alpine.

Going to bed.

Itsnotanexperience

Also - the mike's was FILTHY.

Great show....the journey continues and I'm happy with this band again.

redrum

Quote from: ITsnot on June 17, 2009, 01:42:50 AM
Also - the mike's was FILTHY.

Great show....the journey continues and I'm happy with this band again.

:beers:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

xanadux3

wow guys! My first show since Conventry and they did not disappoint! just got back to buddies place, we raged it 15 rows back from mike it was siick! They looked like they were having a blast, smiles all around. Im so sore, my body hurts all over, Ill try to write a more detailed review but the reba was a first set highlight for me and the Halleys Comet was the jam of the night! the Mikes was dark and jammy as hell. I think one thing that will stay in my mind about this show was during character zero I turned around and the balcony was literally bouncing up and down!! it was bouncing so much that I was actually scared for a minute! Great show! the Mcgrupp Encore was a total kickdown!
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

messengerbird

Wow great show. They were on fire. I am psyched for everyone there. I can't wait to see them again Thursday and listen to the Halley's tomorrow.  :banana:
Keep it coming boys!
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

Rift

Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Rift

jephrey

You guys should see the hater-text in the in-show discussion thread...  Going by the setlist alone per my last post in that thread:

Looks nice to me, not spectacular, but not a letdown by any means.
KDF is aight - and I like it a a lot and would want to hear it live, Ocelot is good and I would want to hear it live (hope they improve the jam), B+R-Sample may be "pop" but that stuff comes in a set sometimes, Ya Mar is aight, Reba is nice, Train Song hasn't been played much, I can handle it, Horn is OK, Possum is good and Slave is good.  On setlist alone I give it an ok.  I'd like to hear it to see if anything jumps out.

Halleys - being over 13min gives me wood, runaway jim if jammed well after that is good, sez is ok, I want to hear TTE live and I'm sure we'll get it at alpine so I'd be alright with that, Mikes Groove - nice, boogie on - I wish the jam would go further as I do with cities but the song is good anyhow, zero - typical but ok, I've seen it a lot so I wouldn't be surprised.  It's like an encore before the encore.  I definitely want to hear the Halleys, but I can't say the rest was lackluster

SSB-great, Mcgrupp-nice bustout, wmggw-nice
The encore looks great.

Overall, the setlists may not exceed any other setlists from this tour, but I think they're okay.

Hoping for an Alpine Buried Alive, Vultures, Spock's, and Leprechaun   If shit gets evil, I'd like a Carini and Wilson too.  All these songs together would make an eerie and evil set.  Mix with Stash and Maze and you've got something good (or should I say bad) going.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mehead

dl now..I got my bust out request - McGrupp...can't wait to hear the Halley's > Jim
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

Jammed out to Yamar, Reba & Possum > the first notes of Slave on my drive into work.

Sounds good, not Bonnaroo good, but good  :wink:

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.