News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/01/2017 - DICKS 1

Started by PIE-GUY, September 02, 2017, 01:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Marmar on September 02, 2017, 11:32:06 AM
QuoteI get why people love the "Dicks experience" good crowd vibe, easy to move around the venue, good beers and at least last night, drove right out of the lot.

Obviously didn't see the huge boxing match during set break.....one dude got sucker punched, and then mayhem ensued....saw it with my own eyes on the webcast screen....seems to me like the Dicks were at Dick's....

I'm not a psychopath, so no, I was not on the rail or near that.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

cactusfan

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2017, 01:27:17 PM

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2017, 08:59:26 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2017, 08:12:45 AM
Longest opening track for 3.0 I believe too, yes?  They've never jammed an opening track like this, even when it was Tweezer once or twice iirc. 

7/29 called to suggest that you stop making up stats.

Come again?  7/29/17 opened with Llama....

Also, go back to my phrasing.  Question marks and iirc's are asking for clarification.  Nowhere did I claim anything.  So sit down with your accusations ;) 

Pretty safe bet he's talking about a different 7/29.

anthrax

Worked a full day.  Went straight to the airport to catch a 4pm flight. Couple of bloody Mary's and beer chasers on the plane got things going.  Then straight from DIA to dicks.  Amazingly, I made it in plenty of time.  What an awesome day!

Augustus

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2017, 07:45:07 AM
Preserving a copy of this before I clean it up.

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 02, 2017, 01:36:59 AM
09/01/2017 - DICKS 1

Set 1:

Blaze On, 555, Breath and Burning, Theme from the Butt~>Free, Tube, Roggae, More

Set 2:

NMINML*, Carini > Ghost > NMINML, Harry Hood, Cavern

I think Dave was right, there is most definitely a return to NMINML after Ghost.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Had some slop but also some amazing parts.  Had a great time.  Yeah, there was some slop, But they are trying and taking some risks so I was happy to take the good with the bad.  Pumped for tonight.  Def not going near the front though.  Peeps was swinging!

Caravan2001

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on September 02, 2017, 04:12:47 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2017, 01:27:17 PM

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2017, 08:59:26 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2017, 08:12:45 AM
Longest opening track for 3.0 I believe too, yes?  They've never jammed an opening track like this, even when it was Tweezer once or twice iirc. 

7/29 called to suggest that you stop making up stats.

Come again?  7/29/17 opened with Llama....

Also, go back to my phrasing.  Question marks and iirc's are asking for clarification.  Nowhere did I claim anything.  So sit down with your accusations ;) 

Pretty safe bet he's talking about a different 7/29.

Nope. I thought he was talking about set two openers because a 15 minute set one opener didn't make me blink.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: khalpin on September 02, 2017, 10:55:59 AM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 02, 2017, 01:49:00 AM
Caught most of Set 2. That Carini > Ghost didn't suck
They played Carini?  and Ghost?  Don't remember any of that.  Gotta pace myself for these late Colorado starts.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

WhatstheUse?

They are just crushing the major--->rager jams lately. Rock n' Roll!  :rawk:
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2017, 10:08:24 PM
Nope. I thought he was talking about set two openers because a 15 minute set one opener didn't make me blink.

lol why would i be talking about Set 2 openers, there's been probably a few dozen 20+ minute Set 2 openers by now I would imagine.  That is utterly normal.  Jamming first set openers is entirely unusual for 3.0! 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2017, 07:01:41 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2017, 10:08:24 PM

lol why would i be talking about Set 2 openers, there's been probably a few dozen 20+ minute Set 2 openers by now I would imagine.  That is utterly normal.  Jamming first set openers is entirely unusual for 3.0!

I should expect you to start making sense now?

Also, Summer '98 has two, Riverport and Atlanta, that I can pull off the top of my head.

So... maybe rethink the proclamation.

susep

Really like the middle jam in NMINML.  Shades of BD. 

cactusfan

Quote from: susep on September 03, 2017, 08:49:59 PM
Really like the middle jam in NMINML.  Shades of BD.

Me too. The initial peak jam is fun, but then that middle part is really nice. The end section is maybe too much of the same rocking out we get these days, but still pretty hot overall.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 03, 2017, 08:24:54 PM

I should expect you to start making sense now?

Also, Summer '98 has two, Riverport and Atlanta, that I can pull off the top of my head.

So... maybe rethink the proclamation.

I'm talking about 3.0 there bud ;) 

Also, revisited this Carini again yesterday.  Man, that is good!  Although I was kind of disheartened to watch Mike continually look over at everybody when he turned on that synth pad towards the end, and nobody seemed to pick up on it or care.  It seemed like Mike was being like "Hey guys!  Check this out!" and nobody responded. 

Loved that they went with the post-peak jam though.  Post-peak jams can be some of the best stuff ever.  11/14/98 Tweezer is case in point. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again