News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

zoning - commerce - quality of life: inside the fence

Started by tyrone, June 16, 2011, 06:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyute

Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

nab

Quote from: Hicks on June 18, 2011, 03:23:41 PM
While it had some interesting aspects, on the whole I found Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance to be a bore.

Read it twice, once as a teenager and once in undergrad.

Integration between pop culture and western philosophy achieved, and instrumental for its time/place.

Rabbit, Run (Updike) is a good follow up novel to this read.

kellerb

Quote from: nab on June 25, 2011, 01:17:56 AM
Quote from: Hicks on June 18, 2011, 03:23:41 PM
While it had some interesting aspects, on the whole I found Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance to be a bore.

Read it twice, once as a teenager and once in undergrad.

Integration between pop culture and western philosophy achieved, and instrumental for its time/place.

Rabbit, Run (Updike) is a good follow up novel to this read.

I read Zen & etc etc a couple times, made a big impact on my outlook.  Will check out the updike book.

postjack

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

sophist

I somehow missed this thread.  holy shit.  HIGH-larious. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!