News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-10-17 - The Knick - Albany, NY

Started by shoreline99, October 17, 2018, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

I: Crowd Control, Chalk Dust Torture, All of These Dreams > Wolfman's Brother > Scent of a Mule, NICU > Gumbo, Steam > I Didn't Know, Bathtub Gin

II: Set Your Soul Free > BOAF, Mercury > Light, Wedge, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Wilson > Slave

E: Julius, Rocky Top

ETA: '>' from phish.net show notes
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

gainesvillegreen

Looks songy.
Perfect opener though  :-P :?
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on October 17, 2018, 11:23:00 PM
Looks songy.
Perfect opener though  :-P :?

It is, but holy fuck that Chalkdust and the Light.  Chalkdust is going to be hard to beat for tour MVP.  That was fantastic. 

Lotta songs, but it was well played and most songs had something cool in it.  I think N1 wins out overall, but N2 has that Chalkdust which wins everything. 

So glad I got to rage set 2 tonight with everybody:  Birdman and family, Paul, Sunrise, Henry, Superfreakie (who i got to say hi to at the end).  We forgot to take a fuck Willie shot but there will be other times. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mattstick

Gotta keep the kids on tour wanting more...

tet

Chalkdust was legit - don't let the length throw you off.  Some fucking INSANE interplay with Mike taking charge and leading that fucker through some interesting changes.  I also loved that Mule.  First Mercury for me, and that was a major highlight, along with Light (got real happy/bouncy throughout that jam).  Had a total blast last night - couldn't quite muster up the setbreak energy to get up to the pool on the ground of section 207 containing whatever remained of marmar...  :smoke:

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Marmar

Quote from: tet on October 18, 2018, 12:54:16 PM
Chalkdust was legit - don't let the length throw you off.  Some fucking INSANE interplay with Mike taking charge and leading that fucker through some interesting changes.  I also loved that Mule.  First Mercury for me, and that was a major highlight, along with Light (got real happy/bouncy throughout that jam).  Had a total blast last night - couldn't quite muster up the setbreak energy to get up to the pool on the ground of section 207 containing whatever remained of marmar...  :smoke:

Dude....by the time you messaged me, that was someone else typing for me.....I was so spun I couldn't see the letters.....

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Marmar

Chalkdust.....interesting....

and honestly, that's about all I can remember.....

oh....and the Vac solo.....one of Fish's finer performances.....

Oh, and it was interesting having an elevator ride and nice chat with Kevin.....lots of cool talk....ya know, the geeky kind....he was actually staying 2 doors down from me....good times.

*note to self*
Next time don't eat 5 and frost it with 3/10ths......wowza.....

Multibeast12

Really enjoyed this night. That Chalkdust and Light were great. Also, huge Rocky Top fan. Been chasing one for a while and it felt good to see it. 

rowjimmy

I: Crowd Control, Chalk Dust Torture, All of These Dreams > Wolfman's Brother > Scent of a Mule, NICU > Gumbo, Steam > I Didn't Know, Bathtub Gin

II: Set Your Soul Free > BOAF, Mercury > Light, Wedge, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Wilson > Slave

E: Julius, Rocky Top

Highlighted my highlights.

Gumbo72203

First Mercury for me too, and I'll echo Tet's thoughts about the Mule.  Page was in fine form all night, playing exactly how I want him to, where he goes all goofy and "out" for a moment in a cartoonish way.  I fucking love that. 

Wilson was perfectly placed after Velvet Sea too, great choice. 

I also thought it was funny that the start of the 1st set mirrored Tuesday:  mid-tempo opener, raging big jam in the 2 slot, slow song, and then 4th song with Mike and Trey getting close haha

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

portions of this Mercury are realllllly dirty.  I like it.  Page is all over the synths in this set.  You didn't quite get the fine details behind the stage where we were but listening back is gravy. 

Page really kills this Light with his piano too, I like this.  Definitely didn't think Light was only 11 mins long. 

Additionally, check out the interesting beginning to Birds as he doesn't play the organ, but rather plays the piano and some synths.  Unique!