News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phil Spector Gets 19 to Life

Started by Undermind, May 29, 2009, 02:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-phil-spector,0,2600932.story

KTLA News
11:55 AM PDT, May 29, 2009

Phil Spector found guilty of second degree murder
LOS ANGELES -- Music producer Phil Spector has been sentenced to 19 years to life in prison for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson.

A Los Angeles judge sentenced Spector on Friday to 15 years to life for second-degree murder and four years for personal use of a gun.

The judge also ordered Spector to pay more than $16,000 in funeral expenses and more than $9,000 to a state victim's assistance fund.

The 69-year-old music producer stared impassively at the judge as he spoke.

Spector was convicted of second degree murder in April in connection with the shooting death of Clarkson in 2003.

Spector continues to maintain he didn't do it and wants the judge to know he's not responsible for her death.

Before the imposition of the sentencing the victim's mother, Donna Clarkson, told the judge she was heartbroken by the death of her daughter.

"All our plans together are destroyed. Now I can only visit her in the cemetery," she said.

Spector's attorney said the defense sympathized with the family "with its loss." But attorney Doron Weinberg maintained that Spector was convicted wrongly.

"The evidence did not establish Mr. Spector's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt," the lawyer said.

His attorney asked that he be transferred immediately from county jail to a state prison. It was not immediately known which prison Spector would be assigned.

The judge also ordered Spector to pay $16,811 in funeral expenses, $9,740 to a state victims' restitution fund and other fees.

Spector gained fame decades ago for what became known as the "Wall of Sound" recording technique that changed rock music.

Clarkson was most famous as the star of Roger Corman's 1985 cult film classic "Barbarian Queen." She was 40 when she died.

Spector plans an appeal.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

rowjimmy

The guy told his driver "I think I killed somebody" while holding a gun.
But he claims that he isn't responsible for her death.

riiiiight

The guy gave us some great music but he's nuts and likes to play with guns. Lock him up.

Undermind

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 29, 2009, 03:18:38 PM
The guy told his driver "I think I killed somebody" while holding a gun.
But he claims that he isn't responsible for her death.

riiiiight

The guy gave us some great music but he's nuts and likes to play with guns. Lock him up.

Agree 100%
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog