News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Lockn 2016

Started by emay, February 17, 2016, 11:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: DoW on May 12, 2016, 01:06:30 PM
if Phish decides to stop playing in 15 years, are fans going to want to spend their money and see someone else?  if so, they'll buy tickets and that leads to bigger venues.

Almost certainly. We saw that during the hiatus. And weren't Phish themselves the beneficiaries of this after August 1995?

And I agree about seeing shows at smaller venues. It's a nice change of pace to go from seeing Phish with 20k other people to seeing a band you also really, really like in a small room where you can pretty much stand wherever you want and maybe even talk to the guys after the show.
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Quote from: VDB on May 12, 2016, 01:47:47 PM
Quote from: DoW on May 12, 2016, 01:06:30 PM
if Phish decides to stop playing in 15 years, are fans going to want to spend their money and see someone else?  if so, they'll buy tickets and that leads to bigger venues.

Almost certainly. We saw that during the hiatus. And weren't Phish themselves the beneficiaries of this after August 1995?

And I agree about seeing shows at smaller venues. It's a nice change of pace to go from seeing Phish with 20k other people to seeing a band you also really, really like in a small room where you can pretty much stand wherever you want and maybe even talk to the guys after the show.

That's why Japan 2000 ruled face....

Hicks

If you were on the fence, looks like Phil will be added soon. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

emay

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

Thanks for the heads-up, Erik. I've been hoping that set would pop up.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

VDB

^ Awesome. Sad I missed that during the stream.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Did they even stream stuff from that stage?

Gundo

From the people who went how did y'all like the fest? Was it the ultimate jam band fest experience you were expecting?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 01, 2016, 03:53:59 PM
Did they even stream stuff from that stage?

I didn't catch every minute of it, but I think the live webcast was only broadcast from the main stage. I was pissed on Thursday night when I stayed up past my bedtime for JRAD and it wasn't on (although I guess they showed it the day after given Hicks' Not-So-LST?). SiriusXM didn't either; they played sets from the prior day until the first main stage act started playing. Glad the AUDs for some of the other stages are popping up.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Igbo

JPhishman

Lettuce's late night set is absolutely slaying on https://fans.com/lockn right now.  :beerbang:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

rowjimmy

Quote from: EdBanky on September 01, 2016, 04:26:25 PM
From the people who went how did y'all like the fest? Was it the ultimate jam band fest experience you were expecting?

It was pretty great.