News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Interview Thread

Started by redrum, January 02, 2009, 10:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 12, 2010, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: guyforget on May 12, 2010, 12:11:58 PM
i'd like to see them do something 70's / 80's prog-y that gets back to their roots of doing tough compositions w/ open ended jamming. 

I'm really surprised they have not nailed a Yes album yet. Trey has teased Yes jams like mad his entire career. Page would have the vocals nailed. And Gordo's bass would fit like a glove. It's coming......or a Zeppelin album  :wink:

They should probably just do an awesome fun album this year, instead of trying to pick one of the best-of-all-time/most-inspiring-to-band-members-as-young-men.

Superfreakie

Quote from: kellerb on May 12, 2010, 09:01:13 PM
i'd like to see them do something 70's / 80's prog-y that gets back to their roots of doing tough compositions w/ open ended jamming. 

I'm really surprised they have not nailed a Yes album yet. Trey has teased Yes jams like mad his entire career. Page would have the vocals nailed. And Gordo's bass would fit like a glove. It's coming......or a Zeppelin album  :wink:

They should probably just do an awesome fun album this year, instead of trying to pick one of the best-of-all-time/most-inspiring-to-band-members-as-young-men.

then that leaves Zeppelin.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

guyforget

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 12, 2010, 10:08:29 PM
Quote from: kellerb on May 12, 2010, 09:01:13 PM

then that leaves Zeppelin.

or mgmt    ;)

-AD_

redrum

http://www.relix.com/news/2010/08/05/trey-anastasio-shares-thoughts-on-phish-summer-tour-covers

trey on phish played covers

QuoteDuring Phish's fall and early summer dates, the band covered songs by Neutral Milk Hotel, TV on the Radio and Rage Against the Machine. In the September issue of Relix Trey Anastasio talks about the decision to interpret these compositions as well as other aspects of the group's June and July shows. With the next leg of the tour beginning tonight in Berkeley at the Greek, we 'vedecided to share some of Trey's insight into the process by which these songs made it to the stage. Anastasio acknowledges that the suggestion to cover these groups was his idea, adding, "Sometimes I will just walk in after listening to something on the bus and say "Fish have you heard this tune? have you listened to TV on the Radio? They're great." Next thing you know I'm at the computer looking up the lyrics and I will read them and go "this is a great song – oh man, I'd love to sing this song" and then there's a set up backstage, drums and stuff and the four of us will go over there and we'll start playing it and if it sounds good, we'll play it that night. It's almost like a skill that you learn."

http://www.jambands.com/news/2010/08/05/trey-anastasio-talks-about-new-phish-material/

QuoteIn the next issue of Relix, Trey Anastasio takes some time to look at the music that the band performed on the first leg of its summer tour. The guitarist's comments certainly have some bearing on what the group might well do when it kicks off the second leg of its tour this evening. In terms of new, original songs, Anastasio says in part, "I wrote a couple with Tom Marshall and I also have a friend in New York City now, Amanda Green, who's a Broadway songwriter. She and I have written three songs in the past couple of weeks. We actually just got an email from a band that wants to cover one of them. She and I wrote 'Burn that Bridge' and there's a song called 'Julie' that I think we're going to do on the next leg of the Phish tour. Phish already learned it, but just haven't done it yet."

So perhaps "Julie" will makes it debut tonight at the Greek. In the interim, for a bit more on what may follow, check out this additional account on Relix.com.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Superfreakie

Julie = Jennifer Dances

Can't wait to dance to Broadway show tunes.  :evil:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

redrum

http://www.thesoundla.com/?nid=27&sid=2004

audio of interview with mike

edit:

wow, he says trey had the idea of inviting derek trucks to play slide for the costume set.

---

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: redrum on November 11, 2010, 08:57:25 PM
wow, he says trey had the idea of inviting derek trucks to play slide for the costume set.
:-o

That would have been nuts
Bring in the dude!

JPhishman

damn that would have been awesome!
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

WhatstheUse?

Cool interview though. 

Doesn't sound like the west coast will be getting any extended love anytime soon...
Bring in the dude!

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: JPhishman on November 11, 2010, 09:23:59 PM
damn that would have been awesome!
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 11, 2010, 09:09:35 PM

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

redrum

we're not as "savvy" as we think we are tho cuz we should have known what album they were doing by how they were playing the month leading up to the show.  :roll:

good one mike.  :clap:

---

mbw

Quote from: redrum on November 11, 2010, 09:55:25 PM
we're not as "savvy" as we think we are tho cuz we should have known what album they were doing by how they were playing the month leading up to the show.  :roll:

good one mike.  :clap:

just heard that and lol'd
not really.

redrum

you think you're so savvy.

---

sunrisevt

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 11, 2010, 09:09:35 PM

:lol: I wondered about this possibility out loud shortly before the set started--I think I said it to Pie-Guy. And it would have been  :crazy:.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Hicks

Seemed to me that WFC was heavily rumored (along with Led Zep and King Crimson) before halloween.

I certainly wasn't surprised when the news became official.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.