News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: G. Augusto on March 10, 2009, 08:59:40 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on March 10, 2009, 08:54:52 PM
i dont think there's any doubt they are back... after reading this whole thread ;)

You read this entire thread...LOL!
a

ser. i open this thread as i come back to the paug for the first time in a week... i tried reading up to page 5 then i realized that everyone that Didnt go to the show is trying to ruin my incredible buzz.
HA! you cant BRING ME DOWN!@! HAHA!!!  :samurai:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

nab

My assessment as an armchair listener:

1.  Its great that we are actually engaged in a conversation about current Phish concerts, no matter what our opinions are.

2.  The Haley's>BOABH blew me out of the water, as did the Undermind, the GBOTT, the Farmhouse, the Suzy, the Piper >Birds transition (o.k. it wasn't that smooth, but I found it original), the Tube, DWD, and the Twist>2001>Moma.

3. BDTNL, It's Ice, Guelah, Foam, Gin, She Still Thinks I Care, Seven Below, Coil, Slave through the end of Encore, are all honorable mentions.

4.  I hear flubs in some songs but they don't really distract from my listening experience; I can tell they are playing from the heart and that is 95% of what matters to me.

5.  I've never seen such a fuzzy feeling come over this place; its nice to see just what a great thing we have here in the best of times.   

Caravan2001

Quote from: nab on March 10, 2009, 11:21:00 PM

1.  Its great that we are actually engaged in a conversation about current Phish concerts, no matter what our opinions are.

2.  The Haley's>BOABH blew me out of the water, as did the Undermind, the GBOTT, the Farmhouse, the Suzy, the Piper >Birds transition (o.k. it wasn't that smooth, but I found it original), the Tube, DWD, and the Twist>2001>Moma.

3. BDTNL, It's Ice, Guelah, Foam, Gin, She Still Thinks I Care, Seven Below, Coil, Slave through the end of Encore, are all honorable mentions.

4.  I hear flubs in some songs but they don't really distract from my listening experience; I can tell they are playing from the heart and that is 95% of what matters to me.

5.  I've never seen such a fuzzy feeling come over this place; its nice to see just what a great thing we have here in the best of times.   

QFT

WhatstheUse?

that Haley's>BOABH was absolutely rockin!

wasn't a huge fan of that song as a Page tune, but Phish made it work pretty well, I was first disappointed when they dropped into it straight from haleys, but was pleasantly surprised by the end.
Bring in the dude!

Ri©h

:clap:

Well said. +k

newleaf

i can say... i can't wait until the Tennessee show! i am so fackin excited! CAN NOT WAIT TO COMPARE SET LISTS!
...was this in them trees... these are the things... they help my vision... seein' more things...

~ang

WhatstheUse?

Going to just through this out there...

Only 86 days till' summer tour!  :-D :phish:
Bring in the dude!

danje

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 10, 2009, 11:44:52 PM
Going to just through this out there...

Only 86 days till' summer tour!  :-D :phish:

FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Alumni

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 10, 2009, 11:38:14 PM
wasn't a huge fan of that song as a Page tune, but Phish made it work pretty well, I was first disappointed when they dropped into it straight from haleys, but was pleasantly surprised by the end.

I wouldn't mind hearing what Phish could do with "Heavy Rotation." BOABH wasn't bad at all, though.
Cause I got a degree

WhatstheUse?

ahhhhhh........

I love how you can hear someone cracking up when they start Fluffhead  :lol:

I will never forget that moment for the rest of my life, I was so damn close and the smile on the 4 of there faces was a mile wide  :-)
Bring in the dude!

Ri©h

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 11, 2009, 12:24:39 AM
ahhhhhh........

I will never forget that moment for the rest of my life, I was so damn close and the smile on the 4 of there faces was a mile wide  :-)

HA HA!!!  That was cool as f**k!  Good find, bro.  Isn't it cool that you'll never forget that moment?  I had a similar experience during my first gig. They played Fee and then segued into Maze. That Maze absolutely ripped my head wide open and I will never forget "that moment".

Good times, brah!  +k    :mrgreen:

Superfreakie

Quote from: Rich on March 10, 2009, 11:39:13 PM

:clap:

Well said. +k

I second that. +k
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

birdman

ahhhhhh........

Awesome!
Man that was fun.
+K
Paug FTMFW!

blatboom

Quote from: AlumniGreens on March 11, 2009, 12:18:14 AM
I wouldn't mind hearing what Phish could do with "Heavy Rotation."

YES!

Buffalo Budd

ahhhhhh........

That's freakin' incredible, wow you guys are lucky to have been there.
:phish: :clap: :phish:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.