News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Quote from: VA slim on March 19, 2009, 07:55:09 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on March 19, 2009, 07:52:30 PM
Quote from: Marmar on March 19, 2009, 07:49:48 PM
I personally love the quote by Fishman in the opening section....

Quote"Our band had driven itself into a ditch. We had to establish credability with people again."

That sums up from 1998-2004. So Hampton was the tow-truck.....lets see if this car is still drivable.....

Heh, nice metaphor.   

def. could use a new transmission.
The lights were definitely working at Hampton, so the battery has some juice in it.
Paug FTMFW!

Marmar

so fluid and filter for the tranny....anything else?

maybe a 4 wheel alignment?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

birdman

New tires are a must...That way they can turn on a dime.
Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on March 19, 2009, 07:48:16 PM
:lol:
ask rowjim's neighbors about genesis!
they really didnt get it i think when i pulled some out to spin on their turntable two weeks ago!

That came up last night... They weren't thrilled about the selection but respected your defense of the pick.

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

khalpin

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 20, 2009, 07:50:01 AM
they really didnt get it i think when i pulled some out to spin on their turntable two weeks ago!

That came up last night... They weren't thrilled about the selection but respected your defense of the pick.
What did he put on?  The Lamb?

rowjimmy

Quote from: khalpin on March 20, 2009, 08:40:08 AM

What did he put on?  The Lamb?

Of course.

khalpin

rowjimmy

VA $l!m

"i know what i like, and i like what i know."  :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Gumbo72203

wow that was a really cool article.  I definitely liked the whole bit about Fishman being angry after the breakup, because of Trey telling him that he needed to stop, but instead he just stopped Phish and kept on with everything else.

Also, i found it very interesting that Fishman completely stopped playing drums for a while. 

Loved the article though.  Kind of sheds some light on the mixed feeling I still have. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Mixed feelings?

Da PHiSH is back man! It's only going to get better!!!
Bring in the dude!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Even Phil Collins genesis is decent.  Boo.

rowjimmy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 20, 2009, 08:18:56 PM

Not so much, no.

Invisible Touch was decent when I was 10 but, it doesn't hold up.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 20, 2009, 08:28:35 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 20, 2009, 08:18:56 PM

Not so much, no.

Invisible Touch was decent when I was 10 but, it doesn't hold up.

I'm still into it.  But then again, I own all of Phil Collins solo records on vinyl...so maybe I'm just a Phil Collins fluffer ;)

BTW, Land of Confusion is the shit!