News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

my 61st show had to be in 99 like matts, not sure which though.  probably later than mattsticks because i didnt see a lot of september shows that year, mostly summer and december. 
-AD_

mattstick

The only reason I knew that was because 9/15/00 was the last show I saw before 12/31/02.  And because of Roger Maris' HR record.

redrum

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 21, 2010, 09:19:33 AM
thatfargone is fucking back!!!!

Welcome back d00der!!  :beers:

hey it was good meeting you thatfar.
i think we bumped into each other last night too (setbreak maybe?)
not sure tho, the temp in that building makes evrything a little hazy..

place was a fucking STEAM BATH. no joke.

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

whatapiper

Quote from: guyforget on October 21, 2010, 02:11:57 PM
my 61st show had to be in 99 like matts, not sure which though.  probably later than mattsticks because i didnt see a lot of september shows that year, mostly summer and december.

2nd night of the Greek was my 61st, Pie Guy, lol, my 2nd show was your 61st!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

thatfargone

Quote from: redrum on October 22, 2010, 01:38:28 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 21, 2010, 09:19:33 AM
thatfargone is fucking back!!!!

Welcome back d00der!!  :beers:

hey it was good meeting you thatfar.
i think we bumped into each other last night too (setbreak maybe?)
not sure tho, the temp in that building makes evrything a little hazy..

place was a fucking STEAM BATH. no joke.

Yeah!  Great meeting you and messengerbird!  I tapped you while passing by during set break @ Utica, yeah. I love that place...all the shows used to be like that.  I like the steam when it means it was from us getting the fuck down.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

thelot

I'd just like to say I support the title of this thread now. Thank you

Kilgore_Trout

phish never really left (except coventry and a few others), but trey is back which means the PHiSH machine is back in full force. 

fall tour 2010 is awesomeness and anybody that still needs or expects more needs to recalibrate their minds.

Mr Minor

Quote from: Kilgore_Trout on October 22, 2010, 01:45:21 PM
phish never really left (except coventry and a few others), but trey is back which means the PHiSH machine is back in full force. 

fall tour 2010 is awesomeness and anybody that still needs or expects more needs to recalibrate their minds.

I applaud your name (LOVE VONNEGUT!!), but must respectfully disagree with your sentiment.  Trey is not "back", nor is the machine in full force.  That train is moving in a good direction, but come on.  Trey's chops are not what they used to be.
Now Mike, Page, and Fish, well that's a different story.

Also, welcome to the 'paug!   :beers:

Kilgore_Trout

trey is never gonna be machine gun trey of 1992 if that is what you are looking for.  and as much as i like those days it held the rest of the band back, imho.   mike has been carrying the band 3.0 and it is obvious.  trey can at least keep up for the most part now and is trying to explore now that he has the basics back.  3.0 was average until this tour.  they are bringing it big time.  i had more fun in charleston the past weekend than i had since maybe hampton 97, fwiw. 

to each their own, but the machine is no longer stuck in first gear and the highway is ahead of them to open up the throttle.

thanks for the welcome.   :beerbang:

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Quote from: Kilgore_Trout on October 22, 2010, 02:04:55 PM
trey is never gonna be machine gun trey of 1992 if that is what you are looking for.  and as much as i like those days it held the rest of the band back, imho.   mike has been carrying the band 3.0 and it is obvious.  trey can at least keep up for the most part now and is trying to explore now that he has the basics back.  3.0 was average until this tour.  they are bringing it big time.  i had more fun in charleston the past weekend than i had since maybe hampton 97, fwiw. 

to each their own, but the machine is no longer stuck in first gear and the highway is ahead of them to open up the throttle.

thanks for the welcome.   :beerbang:

Stop being coherent!

Also, welcome.  Tits or GTFO

Kilgore_Trout

Quote from: kellerb on October 22, 2010, 06:00:32 PM

Also, welcome.  Tits or GTFO

okay i guess, but should i shave my nips first? 

mbw

my fav vonnegut character is eliot rosewater.  :mrgreen: