News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

"Best tour in 10 years" doesn't have much competition.  Whether or not that tour was better than Summer '03 is debatable too.

A lot of what he's talking about has been happening throughout 3.ohhhh - covers, concise jams, humor, etc.

antelope19

4.0 starts with leg II this summer!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Augustus

Sweet!
Now wait another 4 years and band might actually jam and not be so sloppy!

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on July 11, 2012, 02:40:10 PM

"Best tour in 10 years" doesn't have much competition.  Whether or not that tour was better than Summer '03 is debatable too.

A lot of what he's talking about has been happening throughout 3.ohhhh - covers, concise jams, humor, etc.

He does mention that Summer 03 could be considered better, which is the case for me, I think they have yet to top that tour. 

But I think there is a fairly good case for this leg being the strongest yet of 3.0. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

Every "big" jam this year ends the same way, why aren't more people talking about this?

Type II territory then done 1:30 later..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

susep

Quote from: antelope19 on July 11, 2012, 02:53:29 PM

if anything 3.1 or 3.05 :wink:

mattstick

Quote from: Hicks on July 11, 2012, 05:14:09 PM

He does mention that Summer 03 could be considered better, which is the case for me, I think they have yet to top that tour. 

But I think there is a fairly good case for this leg being the strongest yet of 3.0.

I totally skimmed the article while at work, but I agree with you.

One of the biggest problems with 3.0 has been the fact that they seem to be moving forward, then it's the same old again next time out.

I would also like to point out that we don't differentiate between 95 and 99 with 1.4 and 1.7 or anything stupid like that, so this 4.0 and 3.1 stuff is ridic

roggae

Quote from: GBL on July 11, 2012, 08:44:15 PM
Every "big" jam this year ends the same way, why aren't more people talking about this?

This is a great articulation of my only real complaint.
Clearly it's all awful.

susep

yup, like the KDF from Spac, preety straight forward reading, finally goes into some tasty group improv in the last 2-3 minutes w/ Mike playing some nostalgic jam lines(listen) but ultimately dissolves.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on July 11, 2012, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 11, 2012, 05:14:09 PM

I totally skimmed the article while at work, but I agree with you.

One of the biggest problems with 3.0 has been the fact that they seem to be moving forward, then it's the same old again next time out.

I would also like to point out that we don't differentiate between 95 and 99 with 1.4 and 1.7 or anything stupid like that, so this 4.0 and 3.1 stuff is ridic

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I would agree. I was totally kidding.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: susep on July 11, 2012, 08:48:41 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on July 11, 2012, 02:53:29 PM

if anything 3.1 or 3.05 :wink:

I'd be a much bigger fan of Phish 3.14159.

susep

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

GBL

Quote from: roggae on July 11, 2012, 08:52:09 PM

This is a great articulation of my only real complaint.

Let's rage Dick's, bro.. Seriously
If this is love, I'm never going home..