News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-12-29 Madison Square Garden New York, NY

Started by anthrax, December 29, 2017, 11:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

:phish:
12/29/2017
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Set 1: Cavern > Blaze On, 555, I Always Wanted It This Way > Martian Monster, Heavy Things, Destiny Unbound, Ocelot, Walls of the Cave

Set 2:. Sand, CDT>Ghost, BDTNL, Simple, SOAMelt

Encore:  Julius

rowjimmy

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

pcr3

Squatters, cops, shots fired.

Otherwise, a perfect night thus far.

:wtu:  :sbw:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Marmar

I always wanted it this way is the only highlight imho....

Some song selections are getting too predictable.....any time you see Sand open set 2 you can expect a CDT or Carini to follow.....don't believe me? check the stats yourself....

the show was MEH at best.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

susep

WhatstheUse?

Really digging Trey's new fx/tones. It's cool to hear completely new sounds in a Phish context.

I thought last night was pretty awesome.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Marmar on December 30, 2017, 08:38:36 AM
Some song selections are getting too predictable.....any time you see Sand open set 2 you can expect a CDT or Carini to follow.....don't believe me? check the stats yourself....

Oh, I did.

That's actually only happened one time before in 3.0..... which was the last Sand set two opener on 7/1/16.  The rest being.....

10/27/14, followed by BOAF
12/28/13, followed by Piper
9/2/12, followed by Ghost
9/2/11, followed by Simple
8/15/11, followed by Light
8/9/10, followed by Numberline
12/30/09, followed by Curtain with
6/7/09, followed by Suzy.
Bring in the dude!

mvernon

Went last night on a whim. Waited at the "future sale" window and got a 225 section seat for $20 off face value.
This is page side about parallel to sound/light controls on floor. I didn't have dinner but skipped the spicy chicken sandwich in section 119 and was contented to have a beer.

Song selection duplicated some of the same I saw at the BD show I attended and was thinking mar mars comment that certain songs are correlated in setlist.
There were some good moments.

Weakest point for me was the abruptness of some of the lighting effects.
During the jams I would prefer more gradual transitions.

The taper section records sound better than my ticket coordinates.

VDB

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 30, 2017, 12:23:14 PM

Oh, I did.

That's actually only happened one time before in 3.0..... which was the last Sand set two opener on 7/1/16.  The rest being.....

Scotty laying the statdown.
Is this still Wombat?

VA $l!m

watched the SAND on youtube. better than i expected.
would like to hear the SOAM. dunno if ive ever heard one in a 2nd set closer spot b4.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ytowndan

I haven't re-listened yet, but I enjoyed the shit out of that Ghost on the stream.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

shoreline99

Quote from: VDB on December 30, 2017, 12:31:33 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 30, 2017, 12:23:14 PM

Oh, I did.

Scotty laying the statdown.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Gumbo72203

So I thought this was rough.  1st set was just super disjointed to me and didn't seem to come together at all, and Trey was struggling mightily with the composed parts of tunes.  Straight gave up in Walls and yells "ahhhhh" at one point. 

2nd set had some great stuff in that Chalkdust and the Ghost.  I really wish the Ghost was longer because that modulation to C major was fucking brilliant but it never picked up any steam so I felt like it kind of wasted an opportunity for a massive jam.  Non-jammed Simple was a surprise.  I didn't like the SOAM... I think they sound terrible in 3.0, but that's just me.  Nothing cool ever seems to happen or come together.  They don't sound like they have command of it. 

That Chalkdust > Ghost is legit as fuck though.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again