News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Year's 2014 Official

Started by Undermind, September 18, 2014, 02:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: AuthenticAccount on September 18, 2014, 07:01:21 PM
I just put in for two floor passes that I assume I won't get.

I suck at phish and have only seen them the past two times they were in Miami. So I am really excited to get me some within a four hour drive on dates that I can pull off. This is great news for me.

WhoTF is this and why is he/she not squealing like a stuck pig from Aug's hazing? AuthenticAccount, you are hereby ordered to get fucked.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

AuthenticAccount

Quote from: sunrisevt on September 19, 2014, 01:14:34 PM
Quote from: AuthenticAccount on September 18, 2014, 07:01:21 PM
I just put in for two floor passes that I assume I won't get.

I suck at phish and have only seen them the past two times they were in Miami. So I am really excited to get me some within a four hour drive on dates that I can pull off. This is great news for me.

WhoTF is this and why is he/she not squealing like a stuck pig from Aug's hazing? AuthenticAccount, you are hereby ordered to get fucked.

The squealing took place several hours before posting on this here DBMB.

EDIT: I'm about to triple my show count!

Thrillhouse

Quote from: pcr3 on September 18, 2014, 05:39:03 PM
Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on September 18, 2014, 04:01:22 PM
I'm pumped

For couch tour?  :evil:

I may say I'm coming and bail a lot. but we both know I don't fuck around when it comes to NYE
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Caravan2001

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on September 19, 2014, 10:38:36 AM
So, NYE = tough ticket this year or not? It's NYE but then it's far away and in general demand for Phish tickets seems to be waning.

This summer I eschewed the lottery so as not to get stuck with bad seats. Had no problem with the on sale. How much extra risk to take that approach for this run? I guess one could put in for only floor seats in the lotto?

Miami shows=easiest ticket ever.  In 2003 I struggled to sell NYE for face in from of the show, and the non-NYE shows had tix on the ground....and yes, inverted NYE are not my cup of tea, unless of course I was planning on Jam Cruise, in which case these dates are ideal.  Pretty sure they must have considered that, though most likely, they went for the weekend stand as opposed to mid week, which is ticket death.

Caravan2001

Quote from: JPhishman on September 18, 2014, 06:14:39 PM
Quote from: zimbra on September 18, 2014, 05:39:59 PM
Jesus... Flights are almost $700 a piece.  I don't really know if its in the cards for me.

Fly into fort lauderdale. It's less than an hour drive to Miami and should be way cheaper. One way on the night of the 30th is only $227 from Portland...

Things that make you go hmmmmm...... :wink:

anthrax

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 21, 2014, 12:33:23 AM
So, NYE = tough ticket this year or not? It's NYE but then it's far away and in general demand for Phish tickets seems to be waning.

This summer I eschewed the lottery so as not to get stuck with bad seats. Had no problem with the on sale. How much extra risk to take that approach for this run? I guess one could put in for only floor seats in the lotto?

Miami shows=easiest ticket ever.  In 2003 I struggled to sell NYE for face in from of the show, and the non-NYE shows had tix on the ground....and yes, inverted NYE are not my cup of tea, unless of course I was planning on Jam Cruise, in which case these dates are ideal.  Pretty sure they must have considered that, though most likely, they went for the weekend stand as opposed to mid week, which is ticket death.

yeah the sunday to wednesday new years run is absolutely the worst situation for bands in terms of ticket sales, thus the inverted run.  if they would have just done msg, they would have all sold out anyway so it wouldn't be an issue.  and tickets wouldn't be as difficult for phans to secure as a normal msg new years run.

a very fun new years opportunity is going to come up in indy.  way cheaper and will be a lot of fun.  the more i think about it, the more i think i'm going to pass on miami.  :shakehead:

VDB

Good to know. So I guess I'll try floors only in the lotto and deal with the onsale if I have to.
Is this still Wombat?

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

emay

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on September 21, 2014, 09:00:25 AM

yeah the sunday to wednesday new years run is absolutely the worst situation for bands in terms of ticket sales, thus the inverted run.  if they would have just done msg, they would have all sold out anyway so it wouldn't be an issue.  and tickets wouldn't be as difficult for phans to secure as a normal msg new years run.

a very fun new years opportunity is going to come up in indy.  way cheaper and will be a lot of fun.  the more i think about it, the more i think i'm going to pass on miami.  :shakehead:
What's this now?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 24, 2014, 04:12:07 PM

What's this now?

Yeah dude....ICP. It's gonna rule.  :smoke:

JPhishman

These after parties are going to RAGE!

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 24, 2014, 11:33:16 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 24, 2014, 04:12:07 PM

What's this now?

Yeah dude....ICP. It's gonna rule.  :smoke:

No way man, ICP runs Halloween here at Deer Creek every year, not NYE.  (That's sadly a true statement)
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: JPhishman on September 25, 2014, 05:00:05 AM

Heath, I have a feeling you might die of exhaustion by the end of your little excursion.

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 25, 2014, 07:29:44 AM
Quote from: JPhishman on September 25, 2014, 05:00:05 AM

Heath, I have a feeling you might die of exhaustion by the end of your little excursion.

Yes, I always liked that guy. He was funky as hell and the dolphin kingpin. He'll be missed.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.