News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

from a reliable source...

Started by mattstick, October 21, 2008, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiPhish

Quote from: jedifunk on October 21, 2008, 08:09:24 PM
rumors suck... and this one is particularly sucky...

phuck phish if the play the roo

:cry:

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Phunkaddict

Don't you have to be cool enough to play @ the roo? then again, they are getting back together so maybe they are cool again. Let the band wagon begin...
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

Poster Nutbag

I'm immensely opposed to the idea!!! I was really hoping  :phish: wouldn't get involved in festy frenzy over the summer...I'm praying that if this rumor is true that it will be their only festy...I wanna see :phish: alone for two solid sets without all the extra Fluff!!!
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

rowjimmy

Jeez.

haters will hate.

I think it's great. Bonnaroo is a great fest and a couple sets of Phish would be a killer centerpiece for one or two of those nights.

If you've ever been to bonnaroo, you know it would only have been better if Phish were headlining.

If you've never been, you really don't know what you're missing.

jedifunk

missing smissing... i go to phish concerts to see phish.

see the best fuck the rest...

seriously, call me a hater, don't matter.  phish is my band, i dont need anything else
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

danje

It would be nice and expose me to a lot of other live music. I guess I'm kind of weary of the crowd though.

rowjimmy

C'mon. I know you listen to other music.

Why wouldn't you want to see a wide selection of other music during the day and late night after two sets of Phish?

Why wouldn't you want to do it in a venue with semi-permanent facilities, ample & well planned parking & camping & water & shitter facilities?

Sure, we'd all prefer another Great Went or Cypress but I just don't think they want to get into that game anymore... Certainly not this soon.

Quote from: danje on October 21, 2008, 08:45:41 PM
It would be nice and expose me to a lot of other live music. I guess I'm kind of weary of the crowd though.
Weary? or Wary?
There is a difference.

danje

keeb333

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 21, 2008, 08:35:28 PM
Jeez.

haters will hate.

I think it's great. Bonnaroo is a great fest and a couple sets of Phish would be a killer centerpiece for one or two of those nights.

If you've ever been to bonnaroo, you know it would only have been better if Phish were headlining.

QFMFT!

Bonnaroo is great, and Phish would only make it better!

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 21, 2008, 08:35:28 PM
Jeez.

haters will hate.

I agree with that. Never been there, want to and what better than phish
I owe Aug $20

ytowndan

Bonnaroo may very well just be another date on their tour, and not a replacement for their own fest.  They could do both.  Like RJ pointed out, there's no risk or investment.  It could just simply be another gig.

And, if they do decide not to do their own festival, that's their call.  And, I'm sure there would be good reason.  I'm just happy they're playing again. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

blatboom

If it does happen, one thing that I would love is for all the Phish haters attending the 'Roo having Phish shoved in their faces  :evil:

Bobafett

tru dat...and all the phish fans give the emo kids wedgies and port-o-let swirllies.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Phunkaddict

Quote from: Bobafett on October 21, 2008, 10:32:19 PM
tru dat...and all the phish fans give the emo kids wedgies and port-o-let swirllies.
:-D
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now