News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2020/07/17-19 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA

Started by ph92, January 23, 2020, 06:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Who's in?  :crazy: :rockout: :banana:

Roll Call:
ph92
Hicks
Caravan
Buffalo Budd + Family
:wtu:
anthrax

New and improved 2021 Roll Call:
ph92
hicks
caravan
zackonthetrain
Jphishman

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 23, 2020, 11:57:53 PM
Putting in for tickets, fingers crossed.

It's the Gorge man, tickets are easy. Not camping in gen pop is the tricky part. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ph92

Quote from: Hicks on January 23, 2020, 11:59:48 PM

It's the Gorge man, tickets are easy. Not camping in gen pop is the tricky part. 
Yeah definitely focus all your time and resources on good camping during on sale. You can find 3 day passes under face all day on cashortrade.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Buffalo Budd

That's a must for me with the fam or I'll just drive in for the show from an offsite campground.
Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 24, 2020, 07:36:31 AM

That's a must for me with the fam or I'll just drive in for the show from an offsite campground.
Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Gorge Camping in order of awesomness:

1) Terrace:  very small and hard to get but worth it if you can.  Sells out instantly.  Trailer style toilets and showers, very close to venue with shuttle to special entrance (I think). Quite at night.  Free donuts and coffee in AM.
Also ranking high is Wildhorse Campground.  This one is offsite, one mile from venue but people rave about it.  Free shuttle but (sort of) walkable. Also sells out within hours if not within minutes.
2) Gold: Mixed reviews on this one because it's expensive and last year had mixed reviews.  For example, I did day parking, and the overflow was literally in the middle of Gold camping.  Pros: Basically at the entrance of the venue.  Cons: price and everyone leaving show walking through your shit.
3) Premier: basically the same as General Camping but a lot smaller and a fair bit closer to the venue.  Still a half mile walk. Pros: free showers (reg camping showers are pay) and a little closer cons: Still shitting in a portajohn for 3 days
4) Regular camping:  It's a giant field.  Not much to say.  Close to Shakedown, far from venue, especially depending how close to show you arrive.  It's huge and you could literally be 1.5 mile from venue.  Pros:  Shit pops off 24/7.  Cons: Shit pops off 24/7.

Nearest good hotels are in Moses Lake (25-30min), nearest shit hotels are in Quincy and George (10 min).  Farthest good hotels are in Ellensburg (45 minutes)

ETA: I believe there is a Family Camping area (which may also double as sober camping) and think you just request when you pull up with your GC pass, but it fills up quick. Also underrated is Handicap Camping, but unless you're handicapped, you need to check your morals at the door to scam your way in.

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for all the info.
Are you able to book any of these sites for a single night or is it a 3 day deal?

Hicks

Premiere has real toilets but there's only a few for probably a couple thousand people, so not always super clean, but you can usually get a quality deuce in first thing in the morning. 

Premiere also has shuttles but they don't drop you at a special entrance like terrace. 

Nope, no single night camping, it's all for the duration of the shows plus the night before. 

emay

premier was great last time.
Lots of space. Quieter so you can actually sleep. Easier to find your campsite, first year I went I got lost a lot in that massive GA bowl campground.
Also, it gets windy as shit so bring extra support and stuff to weigh down your campsite.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Hicks on January 24, 2020, 01:38:58 PM
Premiere has real toilets but there's only a few for probably a couple thousand people, so not always super clean, but you can usually get a quality deuce in first thing in the morning. 

Didn't really have any desire to go to these shows, since Indy and Nashville are close by, but I feel like I have to now to test this out.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Hicks

Aaaand Wildhorse is sold out.

Fuck that shit though, no desire to sit around a campfire singing Kumbaya with a bunch of olds during Phish Gorge. 

Hicks

WhatstheUse?

Definitely hoping to make it back to the Gorge this summer :rawk:
Bring in the dude!