News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Foreign Languages

Started by WhatstheUse?, May 27, 2018, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Quote from: khalpin on June 10, 2018, 06:22:11 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 10, 2018, 05:17:52 PM

Currently working on 'smack talk' to teach Aug so he can yell obscenities at the Kenyans as they pass him by!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
like he'll be near any Kenyans.
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: birdman on June 10, 2018, 06:35:34 PM
Quote from: khalpin on June 10, 2018, 06:22:11 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 10, 2018, 05:17:52 PM

Currently working on 'smack talk' to teach Aug so he can yell obscenities at the Kenyans as they pass him by!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
like he'll be near any Kenyans.

There's gotta be at least "the slowest person in Kenya" who will start behind him....
Bring in the dude!

August

Birdman and WTU are the slowest runners on the paug.
Let that soak in.

birdman

Quote from: August on June 10, 2018, 06:50:49 PM
Let that soak in.
You have to first "run" to be labeled a "runner". I will not participate in such outlandish suffering.
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: birdman on June 10, 2018, 08:21:11 PM
Quote from: August on June 10, 2018, 06:50:49 PM
Let that soak in.
You have to first "run" to be labeled a "runner". I will not participate in such outlandish suffering.

Leave BM out of this!  :crazy:
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Bump! Unlike running, I haven't given up on learning languages!

I've been concentrating on TWI (what is spoken in Ghana) as of recently, but still have the biggest vocab of Swahili.  I just came to realize it's extremely rare to come across Swahili speakers. There seems to be Ghanaians all over the place however!

I've also dabbled in Wolof (spoken in Senegal) Amharic (spoken in Ethiopia) and a bit of Somali.....it's been a blast and the most I've used my brain in years. I've been going around to African markets/stores etc. while on tour and making a fool of myself trying to talk to people. Most are shocked and elated, some indiffernt, and a few annoyed/offended. It's been a worthy journey I plan to keep at!
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 25, 2018, 08:50:48 PM

I've been concentrating on TWI (what is spoken in Ghana) as of recently, but still have the biggest vocab of Swahili.  I just came to realize it's extremely rare to come across Swahili speakers. There seems to be Ghanaians all over the place however!

I've also dabbled in Wolof (spoken in Senegal) Amharic (spoken in Ethiopia) and a bit of Somali.....it's been a blast and the most I've used my brain in years. I've been going around to African markets/stores etc. while on tour and making a fool of myself trying to talk to people. Most are shocked and elated, some indiffernt, and a few annoyed/offended. It's been a worthy journey I plan to keep at!

So the same response you get at jauntee shows to your music.

ba dum ching!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

birdman

Quote from: gah on October 26, 2018, 09:15:58 AM

:sbw:
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: birdman on October 26, 2018, 10:15:50 AM
Quote from: gah on October 26, 2018, 09:15:58 AM

:sbw:

I'm pretty sure The Jauntee could fill MSG 13 nights in a row w/ people who have seen us and were annoyed by the music.
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

I've tried to figure out a bit of Amharic due to the fact we stayed over there for a few months.
It's a beautiful language but not an easy task to say the least.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 26, 2018, 11:31:38 AM
I've tried to figure out a bit of Amharic due to the fact we stayed over there for a few months.
It's a beautiful language but not an easy task to say the least.

So hard. Amharic and Somali are way more complicated than the other three I mentioned. The grammar is tough, but as an english speaker, the pronunciation is even tougher. Lots of odd, guttural, throaty sounds.   
Bring in the dude!