News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Favorite 3.0 Moments

Started by antelope19, December 01, 2009, 04:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

-AD_

justjezmund

Fenway-five years in the waiting was about to explode for me. curtis, moma, tweezer>light
JB2-Ghost, seems like the beginning of a new way for 3.0 ghosts
Camden-i really can't think of something i didn't like about camden.  maybe running out beer way before show
Burgh-underated night and i loved it, even thought i fucked my foot up and it was purple by morning.
Darien-being back at the big tent.  drowned. and my first MFMF
Hartford-HARTFORD
MMP-sloth(never saw that before either)that might be it for that show, besides the cool steel art through out
Spac-ninjaing onto the mezz for set two.  BDTNL and my first harpua
8-lets see.  the video archives, the remote controlled fire tree, on the rail for the first time on page side for exile set. set three sunday.  and finally meeting some friends from here face to face.(AACB,MBM,WTU,Hicks,and PG)
Philly 1-cities>camel walk, set two.  got really dezzrunk so after simple everything got a bit hazy
Philly 2-birds, tweezer. met khal, hood, Blat, RJ, Aug, Igbo, WhyWeigh.
MSG 1-PEACHES, Light.  met RR and MB this night
MSG 2-DWD>Piper>Fluff. Halleys>2001>Bowie. somehow wtu spots me ragin my myself and meet up with rr, mb, aug, and antelope.

well 2009 was the most fun in years for me:
shows-15
paugers met-15

see you all in 2010(well besides here)
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

McGrupp

Adding a new one to the list:

Last night's hometown show!

And an epic paug meetup at my house, of course.

:wtu:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

shoreline99

Just from the shows I attended:

JB1 - Harry Hood, ambient jam looking out over the venue towards the ocean, fog drifting in and CK5 going wild. Meeting up with Aug & his soon-to-be missus. Rainbows after the rain stopped.

Hartford - The whole show, start to finish. What a great night. Meeting up w/ Inourdr, Aug, Birdman, Blatboom, Hoodie. Forbin/Mockingbird, Ghost->Psycho Killer->Catapult->Icculus!

MSG2 - BDTNL. Second set greatness. Meeting up w/ Whatapiper, Antelope, Aug, WTU!

Great fun this year. I hope next summer brings a bunch more meetups and good times. The band only seems to be getting better....
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

sunrisevt

Quote from: guyforget on December 06, 2009, 10:19:36 PM
MBW FTW!  Great post...

Hell yes--honorable mention, at least, for post of the year.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 06, 2009, 07:29:57 PM
toyota park - mirthmania vs. mandimonium!  what a fun day.  really disappointed wtu has this day on his "bad" list.   had a crew over at the place which included kellerb, bobafett, pie, gbl, flow, wtu and willsteele.
overlookin lake michigan and the city, food, cheap beers, food, bobafetts shrooms and fun abounded.  family and friends were also in tow, including pie-guys dad!
:lol:

FTR, I had a blast all day long kicking it @ mirthmania vs. mandimonium

It only makes my "bad" list because the the events that followed at the show...
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Quote from: goodabouthood on December 04, 2009, 12:21:52 AM
Didn't write in this yet. Like most folks, that fluffhead opener, but even before that, just entering Hampton Friday night, right after getting your ticket scanned, standing there in the hallway with everyone screaming and so excited, and hugging and high fiving at just being there, that was amazing.

Fenway, the night before the show, standing in that marketplace, something Hall, whatever, and blazing with a bunch of paugers, awesome.

Asheville, meeting with up guyforget and co. having a sweet pad to crash at, and meeting with all the other folks, keeb and co, and seeing this new town I hadn't otherwise had a chance to see. Also, standing in line with wtu for beers, asking where Sophist was, and he turns around, awesome. Really, being like, last tm I got from him, he was still on the road, and he's like, what, what? and it was cool.

Burgettstown, making that 8 hour drive solo to meet up with folks in the lot, good times, a good place to get some thinking done.

Gorge, what a long journey, set up camp at 4 in the morning, woke up to hit the bathroom to that amazing view! I couldn't go back to sleep, had to just walk around and take it all in.....amazing. Seeing so many east coast friends out there, awesome. And meeting up with nab and his wife, good peoples. And the paug get together under the infamous dolphin tapestry.... :rawk: with jphishman's homebrew nonetheless!  :-D

Merriweather, even though the show ranks on the bottom for me for the year, meeting up with even more paugers, and being able to make a 3 person transfer to get fpfr a ticket felt alright.

Philly, meeting kevin and crew, and jj, and ww, and the rest of the va crew, even for a short bit, hanging with friends I hadn't seen in a year plus...good times.

And now this weekend, well, this weekend will be awesome.....no matter what happens with the show, I already have a feeling, its going to be something special.

Shame on you!

Faneuil Hall (pronounced /ˈfæn(j)əl/, previously /ˈfʌnəl/), located near the waterfront and today's Government Center, in Boston, Massachusetts, has been a marketplace and a meeting hall since 1742. It was the site of several speeches by Samuel Adams, James Otis, and others encouraging independence from Great Britain, and is now part of Boston National Historical Park and a well known stop on the Freedom Trail. It is sometimes referred to as "the Cradle of Liberty".
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

gah

Quote from: antelope19 on December 07, 2009, 12:34:29 PM

Shame on you!

Faneuil Hall (pronounced /ˈfæn(j)əl/, previously /ˈfʌnəl/), located near the waterfront and today's Government Center, in Boston, Massachusetts, has been a marketplace and a meeting hall since 1742. It was the site of several speeches by Samuel Adams, James Otis, and others encouraging independence from Great Britain, and is now part of Boston National Historical Park and a well known stop on the Freedom Trail. It is sometimes referred to as "the Cradle of Liberty". Also, on May 30, 2009, it was the site of a large group of paugers blazing.

Damn dude! I'm not a history guy. SOooooory!

I guess it makes that last fact even the more interesting seeing as how it's such a important place.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

After this weekend, I can ABSOLUTELY add the last 4 shows to my list, might have been some of the most fun I've had all year!

Got to hang out with SO many paugers for every show, got my face melted with jphishman MSG3, followed by my first time walking through time square later that night :-o...... and C'Ville may go down as one of the most fun times I've had post-show as well. (Not to mention being nearly first row during the 2nd set)

You just can beat going back to a comfy couch, with good people, analyzing every aspect of phish for hours (I love that)..... and of course, endless beers and bowls.

Everthing was just new and exciting for me in the past week.... It really feels great to have gotten to know some of you paugers better and make the transition from aquaintences -> friends  :-).... it's a pretty sick segue I must say

After these last 4 shows, I'm left with complete content.  Epecially after MSG3 and C'Ville I've just been SO, SO happy with the improvement Phish has shown over the past year and am given such high hopes for the future.  Sometime during the second set of msg3 I really broke down w/ tears of joy..... for one of the first times this year I really felt like I was seeing PHISH..... not 3.0 Phish, not just 2009 Phish... but fucking :phish: .... the greatest fucking rock band of all time!  :rawk:

See you all on spring/summer tour!
Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

redrum

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 07, 2009, 12:53:32 PM
After this weekend, I can ABSOLUTELY add the last 4 shows to my list, might have been some of the most fun I've had all year!

Got to hang out with SO many paugers for every show, got my face melted with jphishman MSG3, followed by my first time walking through time square later that night :-o...... and C'Ville may go down as one of the most fun times I've had post-show as well. (Not to mention being nearly first row during the 2nd set)

You just can beat going back to a comfy couch, with good people, analyzing every aspect of phish for hours (I love that)..... and of course, endless beers and bowls.

Everthing was just new and exciting for me in the past week.... It really feels great to have gotten to know some of you paugers better and make the transition from aquaintences -> friends  :-).... it's a pretty sick segue I must say

After these last 4 shows, I'm left with complete content.  Epecially after MSG3 and C'Ville I've just been SO, SO happy with the improvement Phish has shown over the past year and am given such high hopes for the future.  Sometime during the second set of msg3 I really broke down w/ tears of joy..... for one of the first times this year I really felt like I was seeing PHISH..... not 3.0 Phish, not just 2009 Phish... but fucking :phish: .... the greatest fucking rock band of all time!  :rawk:

See you all on spring/summer tour!

i'm glad me & mbird got to play a small part in your overall experience.

:beers: to 2010!!

btw, we were in times square that same night too. trippy city..
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

thatfargone

Just being back on the road for a bit and seeing the band that has meant more to me than anything outside of family.  Something I though would never happen again.  Much has happened to me this past year and my time at MSG Friday night helped me shed a lot of emotional baggage I have been carrying for far too long.  Closest thing to church for me there is.  Kinda cliche but eh... :-P
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: redrum on December 07, 2009, 12:59:40 PM
btw, we were in times square that same night too. trippy city..
:-o

No kidding!!! I was there @ 1 in the morning or so, but it was bright as day with all the signs and lights! Wild!

Bring in the dude!