News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roggae

Quote from: Hicks on February 24, 2012, 04:06:13 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 24, 2012, 03:56:14 PM
I bet he doesn't listen to most of it.

Whaddup sour grapes?

Also, you're supposed to listen to these things????

is that a quasimoto record i spy?
Clearly it's all awful.

antelope19

You should see my neighbor's stacks... puts us all to shame.

I've seen said neighbor's collection. It's unreal.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Hicks

Quote from: roggae on February 24, 2012, 04:08:48 PM

Whaddup sour grapes?

is that a quasimoto record i spy?

That's the CD, but yeah I have the LP too.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gundo

I asked RJ, so I will as Hicks. Is that shit organized?
I mean come on! One drunkin night with the pals and that would be just one big "fuck it" mess for me.

ETA: I can't even get the white sleeves back in the god damn cover when dead SOBER. I've heard there's an art to it.

rowjimmy

Whaddup sour grapes?

No grapes here (aside from Moby Grape) I'm way past jealousy over volume. If I'd wanted sheer numbers my collection would have grown massively iny record store days. Now, would I be jealous about some specific titles? Probably.

Hicks

Quote from: PleasedDog on February 24, 2012, 04:35:59 PM
I mean come on! One drunkin night with the pals and that would be just one big "fuck it" mess for me.

ETA: I can't even get the white sleeves back in the god damn cover when dead SOBER. I've heard there's an art to it.

The records on the floor aren't but yeah the Exepedit is orgainized by genre, the top two rows are electronic music with specific subgenres in each cube.  The next row is all hip hop and trip hop.  The second row from the bottom is all rock.  The bottom row is reggae, jazz, soul/funk and "other". 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Augustus

Quote from: Hicks on February 24, 2012, 03:43:18 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 25 cube Expedit:

But wait, there's more! 

Overflow Part 1:

Overflow Part 2:

Overflow Part 3:

Dude!

Igbo

It's all about quality over quantity

I thinned down my collection to now I listen to every record in my collection. 1000+ records and I listen to every single one

Hicks

Quote from: Igbo on February 24, 2012, 06:13:22 PM

I thinned down my collection to now I listen to every record in my collection. 1000+ records and I listen to every single one

I prefer to have both quality and quantity, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Augustus

Anyone else keep a list at discogs or anywhere else?

Gundo

Quote from: Hicks on February 24, 2012, 05:08:04 PM
Quote from: PleasedDog on February 24, 2012, 04:35:59 PM

The records on the floor aren't but yeah the Exepedit is orgainized by genre, the top two rows are electronic music with specific subgenres in each cube.  The next row is all hip hop and trip hop.  The second row from the bottom is all rock.  The bottom row is reggae, jazz, soul/funk and "other".
sweetness  8-)

Igbo

Quote from: Hicks on February 24, 2012, 06:31:54 PM
Quote from: Igbo on February 24, 2012, 06:13:22 PM

I prefer to have both quality and quantity, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Oh I agree, the more the better. Just listen to all of them. I've seen people with 10k record collections and they don't listen to a 1% of those records.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Augustus on February 24, 2012, 06:42:40 PM
Anyone else keep a list at discogs or anywhere else?
I've started working on one but so far I've only logged my extras and ones I'm trying to offload.  Plan to list my actual collection when I get some spare time.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

roggae

What's that old adage about people with large record collections...?

The guy who owns the store where I work has bought hundreds of thousands of records in the last five years. It's scary the amount of vinyl we've acquired. It's also amazing how many copies of Carole kings "tapestry" I've seen.
Clearly it's all awful.

gah

Thats insane hicks!  :-o
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.