News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Interview Thread

Started by redrum, January 02, 2009, 10:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: gah on January 15, 2019, 02:28:56 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on January 15, 2019, 02:24:43 PM
I wonder to whom he is referring...

QuoteAnastasio: I know one guy right now who's in trouble, who's going to come crashing down soon, and everyone's talking about it. I think sobriety had given me the lens to able to see that person—I can see the actual person in there. I don't do anything—there's nothing you can do. But I feel for them. I don't demonize people, I sympathize. [laughs] But I also don't want to work with them.

I don't like to speculate on things like this, but I'm going to say my immediate thought was Russ only because this whole Ghosts of the Forest thing is really just TAB but with Fish instead of Russ. But then the other night Trey sat in with Soul Monde for the whole evening, so I guess not. I dunno. No clue. I respect his approach to it though, whoever it is.

Seems probably to be someone with a higher profile than that but... perhaps not.
I think that, if Trey isn't going to call the person out, It's probably not our place to throw people's names around.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 15, 2019, 02:32:49 PM
Quote from: gah on January 15, 2019, 02:28:56 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on January 15, 2019, 02:24:43 PM
I wonder to whom he is referring...

QuoteAnastasio: I know one guy right now who's in trouble, who's going to come crashing down soon, and everyone's talking about it. I think sobriety had given me the lens to able to see that person—I can see the actual person in there. I don't do anything—there's nothing you can do. But I feel for them. I don't demonize people, I sympathize. [laughs] But I also don't want to work with them.

I don't like to speculate on things like this, but I'm going to say my immediate thought was Russ only because this whole Ghosts of the Forest thing is really just TAB but with Fish instead of Russ. But then the other night Trey sat in with Soul Monde for the whole evening, so I guess not. I dunno. No clue. I respect his approach to it though, whoever it is.

Seems probably to be someone with a higher profile than that but... perhaps not.
I think that, if Trey isn't going to call the person out, It's probably not our place to throw people's names around.

This...

but also, I like to speculate however inappropriate. Who would it be that he may actually have a chance to work with but is choosing not to. I mean, he doesn't work that many people. Bobby?? Would not surprise me. Phil? Would really surprise me. Dave Matthews? Would NOT surprise me at all. Dude of Life? Tom? No way.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

wait a minute, this is the internet - aren't we supposed to do things like that??

j/k, agree with you 100%
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

Talking about musicians with drug or alcohol problems is silly anyway.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Obviously he's talking about Barber. 

Which sucks because now we'll never get Phishco.   8-)
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

pcr3

I totally didn't want to turn this into speculation. Just genuinely curious and hope that person can follow the path the people in the article have been able to follow. The curiosity probably comes from the fact that I have spent a majority of my life walking along the edge of that line.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

justjezmund

"I thought my mojo was gone, but you find a new kind of mojo."

Many of us find our selves fixating on old mojo, but honestly, new mojo is better mojo.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on January 15, 2019, 06:37:31 PM
Obviously he's talking about Barber. 

Which sucks because now we'll never get Phishco.   8)

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Was really waiting on those phishco dates

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on January 15, 2019, 11:08:36 PM
I totally didn't want to turn this into speculation. Just genuinely curious and hope that person can follow the path the people in the article have been able to follow. The curiosity probably comes from the fact that I have spent a majority of my life walking along the edge of that line.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
My sentiments to a tee.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

thats good stuff.  i love it.

gah

nothing new information wise, just cool footage of page and trey I stumbled across last night

rowjimmy

Headsup that Mike is on Under The Scales next week.

PIE-GUY

gah

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on February 08, 2019, 11:05:46 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 08, 2019, 10:56:57 AM
Headsup that Mike is on Under The Scales next week.

mike who?

I think he's the guy from this Barika band...