News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sneaker Thread

Started by susep, November 03, 2006, 04:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Nice dude.

I scored a pair of Air Jordan IV "Mars Blackmon" reissue in red/black/white from the local Goodwill for 10 dollars.

Brand new, in the box.

Ser.

Igbo

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 26, 2009, 09:45:47 PM
Nice dude.

I scored a pair of Air Jordan IV "Mars Blackmon" reissue in red/black/white from the local Goodwill for 10 dollars.

Brand new, in the box.

Ser.

Diggin' for kicks. +K for you Sir

fauxpaxfauxreal

Yeah, at the local Goodwill, they keep "nice" sneakers in a glass case at the front of the store...only one shoe of the set, and they keep the other shoe in the back...so you have to first ask for the shoe and check the size then ask for the other one.

Well, she pulled it out, and said "it's a size 13".  I was like "WTF?  That might fit!?!?!?" 

I asked to see the other one, and she went to the back, and brought out both in the original box.

Brand fucking new.

I tried them on, and they fit like a glove.

Best shoe score ever.

+K to ig for diggin' the shoe score and +K to susep for out-jordaning me.

Igbo

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 26, 2009, 09:53:58 PM
Well, she pulled it out, and said "it's a size 13".  I was like "WTF?  That might fit!?!?!?" 

fauxpaxfauxreal

You know what they say about guys with big feet...don't ya.

:mrgreen:

Igbo

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 26, 2009, 10:16:29 PM
You know what they say about guys with big feet...don't ya.

:mrgreen:

Wait stop. Hammer Toes!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Thanks a lot for hacking my Photobucket.

I really didn't want to have to get a new one.

:cry:

susep

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 26, 2009, 09:53:58 PM
Yeah, at the local Goodwill, they keep "nice" sneakers in a glass case at the front of the store...only one shoe of the set, and they keep the other shoe in the back...so you have to first ask for the shoe and check the size then ask for the other one.

I asked to see the other one, and she went to the back, and brought out both in the original box.

Brand fucking new.

Best shoe score ever.

+K to ig for diggin' the shoe score and +K to susep for out-jordaning me.

ser alltime best shoe score, +k.  I probably would have lost my shit right at that moment.  The Jordan III's were marketed by Mars"Spike Lee" Blackmon as well, the first MJ/SL collaboration. 

fauxpaxfauxreal

Yeah...I remember the Mars Blackmon commercials well...the best part is that these have a little stitched in portrait of Spike as Mars on the back outside of the sneaker.

Ser sweet score.

Also, there was a group of three black teenaged girls in there at the same time, and they were like "You're gettin' those shoes?  Jealous!!!"  and they all started laughing. 

It was a cool moment fo sho.

susep

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 26, 2009, 10:46:28 PM

Also, there was a group of three black teenaged girls in there at the same time, and they were like "You're gettin' those shoes?  Jealous!!!"  and they all started laughing. 

It was a cool moment fo sho.

ser.  I was holding my shoes in the air showing my wife saying "these shoes were worn by the master!"

fauxpaxfauxreal

Someone in Antelope's posse had the III's (grey and black, of course) and I was pissed at getting "outjordaned" at MPP.

I had no idea that Nike was paying the NBA 5,000 a game in '84 because the NBA said that the Jordan's couldn't be worn because they weren't predominately white. (Maybe I remember hearing something like this on the news, but I didn't remember it until I read the wiki for Jordan's today).

susep

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 26, 2009, 11:03:55 PM
Someone in Antelope's posse had the III's (grey and black, of course) and I was pissed at getting "outjordaned" at MPP.

I had no idea that Nike was paying the NBA 5,000 a game in '84 because the NBA said that the Jordan's couldn't be worn because they weren't predominately white. (Maybe I remember hearing something like this on the news, but I didn't remember it until I read the wiki for Jordan's today).

ser. the III's are it for AJ.  I'll be rocking mine this weekend at GW/Allmans.  Yeah I remember MJ getting fined by the league and Nike picking up the tab, it worked in their favor both from a marketing perspective and intrigue perspective.  I was an 11 year old baller when the first AJ came out, the "Old Love" version as pictured below.  They really caught your eye and to be worn by this phenomenal player it was a double whammy.

antelope19

:lol:

That had to have been Peterson.  He's OBSESSED with shoes and I'm pretty sure he was rocking some Jordans.  Was he the guy who was wearing the O's jersey?  He wore them to the Hampton shows and said they got pretty dirty so they're now his "concert shoes".   
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on August 27, 2009, 09:56:06 AM

That had to have been Peterson.  He's OBSESSED with shoes and I'm pretty sure he was rocking some jordans.  Was he the guy who was wearing the O's jersey?

I have not doubt its him.  He buys all those on ebay and stuff.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on August 27, 2009, 10:01:57 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on August 27, 2009, 09:56:06 AM

That had to have been Peterson.  He's OBSESSED with shoes and I'm pretty sure he was rocking some jordans.  Was he the guy who was wearing the O's jersey?

I have not doubt its him.  He buys all those on ebay and stuff.

It was definitely Peterson cause he was asking me about it. I remember Fauxpas being "all dude, wtf, who's this guy? He's got a cooler version of what I'm wearing!"  :lol:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.