News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

^^^^^

See the chrome
Feel the chrome
Touch the chrome
Heal the chrome
See the screaming
Hot black steaming
Iridescent naugahyde python screaming
Steam Roller!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Quote from: ph92 on August 31, 2016, 08:01:46 AM
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/536786/machine-dreams/

The mah-fuckin future!!! Now you can connect the dots with that weird, uninformative star trek HP commercial.

HP will absolutely fold if they do not get this to work. But holy shit if they do, market it right, they are potentially gonna change the fucking world of computing! I'm so excited! By that time I hope to have my degree and able to work on devices/servers made with this new technology.
So unfortunately, it looks like HP has killed this idea.

They're shifting their focus on something else that's pretty rad, but not AS cool.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/207897-hp-kills-the-machine-repurposes-design-around-conventional-technologies
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

cactusfan

"Researchers in Italy have developed a technique that promises to upend the age-old process of brewing beer.

The key is cavitation—the formation and collapse of tiny bubbles in a liquid. They're created as a rotating object like a propeller moves through the liquid, creating a wave of low pressure at the tips. At the most extreme points in that low pressure, the liquid boils, creating small bubbles that soon collapse in a burst of heat and pressure. It's that combination that could eliminate the need for an entire step of the brewing process."

www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/extreme-temperature-and-pressure-remove-an-entire-step-of-the-beer-brewing-process/

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: cactusfan on September 27, 2016, 09:51:52 PM
"Researchers in Italy have developed a technique that promises to upend the age-old process of brewing beer.

The key is cavitation—the formation and collapse of tiny bubbles in a liquid. They're created as a rotating object like a propeller moves through the liquid, creating a wave of low pressure at the tips. At the most extreme points in that low pressure, the liquid boils, creating small bubbles that soon collapse in a burst of heat and pressure. It's that combination that could eliminate the need for an entire step of the brewing process."

www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/extreme-temperature-and-pressure-remove-an-entire-step-of-the-beer-brewing-process/

Back to the drawing board.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Oh for fucks sake

http://time.com/4534797/candy-crush-cbs-game-show

Candy Crush Is Going to Be an Actual Show on Television
Thanks to CBS

Your former mobile phone addiction is becoming a large-scale live-action CBS game show. The broadcaster has greenlit an upcoming series based on Candy Crush from Lionsgate and mobile gaming company King.

"We are huge fans of Candy Crush and, like so many others, we know the 'rush' of advancing to the next level of the game," said Glenn Geller, President, CBS Entertainment. "We're excited to work with Lionsgate and King to adapt one of the world's most popular and entertaining game franchises for television and make it available to its massive, passionate fan base who can watch and play along at home."

The show will be produced by Matt Kunitz, who previously made large-scale obstacle shows like ABC's Wipeout and NBC's Fear Factor.

"The Candy Crush franchise lends itself perfectly to the kind of larger-than-life, physical game shows that I love to produce and CBS is the perfect home for it," Kunitz said. "As a Candy Crush Saga player myself, I am excited to amp up the action and visuals in our huge Candy Crush Arena."'

Candy Crush was launched in 2012 and became a pop culture sensation, recently reaching 1 trillion games played. It's still played heavily – last month saw 18 billion game rounds played around the world, according to King.

Added King's Chief Creative Officer Sebastian Knutsson: "The Candy Crush franchise has been loved by players around the world on mobile so it's very exciting to be working with Matt and the team to bring the fun and challenge of the Candy Crushgames to television. We hope our players will be entertained by what is set to be a high-energy, challenging game show."

There are no photos or air date yet for the series.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

gah

Say what you will about Vulfpeck, but those cats made $20K off spotify for selling 5 mins of silence.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :clap:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2014/07/28/how-a-band-made-20000-on-spotify-from-5-minutes-of-silence/#7a38db775ba3
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on December 09, 2016, 03:18:53 PM
Say what you will about Vulfpeck, but those cats made $20K off spotify for selling 5 mins of silence.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :clap:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2014/07/28/how-a-band-made-20000-on-spotify-from-5-minutes-of-silence/#7a38db775ba3

I have not held back saying "what I will" about them.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

Quote from: gah on December 09, 2016, 03:18:53 PM

genius!

PIE-GUY

Counting blessings...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.