News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Round Four: Group Leader Master List

Started by G. Augusto, June 20, 2008, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Augusto

***Round Four starts this Monday (June 30th).
All new shows should go up (WITH LINKS) on each following Monday***

Remember, if you sign up, YOU MUST REVIEW EVERYONE ELSE'S PICK.
If not, I will skip you and everyone will laugh at you.
Then they will point at you and then send you a steaming pile of shit in a padded mailer envelope.
This is SER BIZ.

01 - Sophist (09-15-2000 Hershey, PA)
02 - August (09-28-1999 Pelham, AL)
03 - Caravan (04-19-1992 Santa Cruz, CA)
04 - GBL (10-29-1995 Louisville, KY)
05 - Khalpin (07-18-1993 Pittsburgh, PA)
06 - Blatboom (09-17-2000 Columbia, MD)
07 - Pnchundi (07-21-1998 Phoenix, AZ)
08 - MiamiPhish (07-09-1998 Barcelona, Spain)
09 - Slim (06-28-2000 Holmdel, NJ)
10 - Ned Ryerson

How to upload your show in mp3/m4a format:

1 - Assuming you have your pick on CD, rip the CD onto your computer.
(I use iTunes or Winamp to rip CD's) >>>

2 - Once you rip a CD it will appear as a folder on your computer. You now need to zip this folder. By zipping a folder, you take the contents of an entire folder and make them into one file, thus making it easy to upload.

3 - I use winzip to zip my folders.
http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
You can download the evaluation version (trial version) there which is good for 30 days.
You can also use winrar or stuffit to zip your folder.

4 - Once you zip your folder, you will need to upload the zip file you just created.
I use sendspace to do so.
http://sendspace.com/
Just follow the instructions there and choose the zip file you want to upload.
Depending on your upload speed, this can take anywhere from 2-30 minutes.

5 - After it successfully completes the upload, it will generate a link for you.
Use this link in your post when it's time to post your show.

6 - If you download someone's show in mp3/m4a format and need to unzip the file, the three programs above will unzip it for you, as well.

Remember that you are responsible for uploading your show in lossy and lossless format.

Have fun!
a

rowjimmy

G. Augusto

blatboom

flufhed

pnchundi

I almost think we should add some guidelines this time just to mix things up.

All shows from one venue- like Hampton
All shows from one year- 94
All shows from one tour- fall 97
All shows from one state- Colorado
All shows must include one song- Mike's Sandwiches
All shows must be post-hiatus- this would suck but be fun

The intention is not to limit what we are doing, but rather to focus the efforts and find different themes throughout phishtory.  In the same way that round 3 became lesser known shows that were not always perfect...

What say you fellow reviewers?

G. Augusto

I dunno.
There will be some new people this round and I like seeing what people come up with.
I think guidelines might be a little limiting.
a

pnchundi

you are right there, but i know i changed my mind half a dozen times.  Maybe something easy, like all must have one song in common.  That way we could always look at the growth of the song and the band.  Dude, I am seriously getting nerdy here

Hicks

Quote from: pnchundi on June 20, 2008, 01:49:18 PM
you are right there, but i know i changed my mind half a dozen times.  Maybe something easy, like all must have one song in common.  That way we could always look at the growth of the song and the band.  Dude, I am seriously getting nerdy here

Personally I get sick of reviewing the same song in shows week after week, a big part of what motivated my last selection was that it had a setlist with songs we hadn't heard much of yet.  Although seeing as how that one worked out. . .   :-D

As for my participation, I dunno if I can commit to reviewing a show every week, I've got more stuff going on during the weekends now that its summer, but I'm down to review shows as I find the time.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

flufhed

Quote from: pnchundi on June 20, 2008, 01:49:18 PM

Nerds rule...

Since I hope to be in the next round...I see the merits of no limitations to the pick.  I also see the entertainment in a "theme" or something of that sort.

How many weeks in a round?  Maybe do one show per year for x years?  At least each picker will have a whole year to pick from...

pnchundi

basically the number of shows depends on the number of people who sign up. 

khalpin

I'm fine with having a theme for the round.  On the other hand, I like the free for all it's always been.  Either/or works for me.  I'm just happy it's continuing, and pretty successfully, too.  Now to spend the next month or two coming up with another pick.

G. Augusto

I think we'll stick with the regular format... :wink:
a

rowjimmy

Quote from: G. Augusto on June 20, 2008, 10:14:50 AM
RJ, are you in?
a

As much as I like dragging out a show and beating it to the ground... I can't commit.

I just thought to add some flair to your initial post.