News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

I should say, that's only about half of the boxed sets I have which doesn't include the sets that contain, say, full albums like the GD Warner Bros albums box or Flaming Lips' Zaireeka*.

*One of these days I'm gonna get two more turntables setup and have a weird party with Zaireeka.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 08, 2024, 01:30:02 PMI should say, that's only about half of the boxed sets I have which doesn't include the sets that contain, say, full albums like the GD Warner Bros albums box or Flaming Lips' Zaireeka*.

*One of these days I'm gonna get two more turntables setup and have a weird party with Zaireeka.

No Sunshine Daydream?

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 08, 2024, 10:33:23 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 08, 2024, 01:30:02 PMI should say, that's only about half of the boxed sets I have which doesn't include the sets that contain, say, full albums like the GD Warner Bros albums box or Flaming Lips' Zaireeka*.

No Sunshine Daydream?

It's not a box.
The best show ever is sitting alongside One From The Vault, etc on the main shelf.

A Live One, although it's in a box, is an album so it's on the main shelf.

Caravan2001

Ah right, it's a gatefold.  Carry on.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 10, 2024, 12:41:11 AMAh right, it's a gatefold.  Carry on.

Speaking of gatefolds... I picked up the new American Beauty pressing from the Rhino HiFi series and look at the gorgeous gatefold

mistercharlie

That reminds me that I still haven't opened and spun my copy of that yet. I know what I'm doing after work, before the wife gets home today!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Just don't ask me how many versions of that I currently own.

mistercharlie

:hereyougoyousentimentalbastar  I have 3.

An old beat-up copy that I bought at a used bookstore.
The 2011 Rhino Reissue.
And now this one.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 10, 2024, 01:53:01 PM:hereyougoyousentimentalbastar  I have 3.

The 2011 Rhino Reissue.
And now this one.

Well, I know I have this one, the 2010 Warner Bros albums box version, the DVDa, and at least an original version as well.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 10, 2024, 03:52:42 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 10, 2024, 01:53:01 PM:hereyougoyousentimentalbastar  I have 3.

The 2011 Rhino Reissue.
And now this one.

Well, I know I have this one, the 2010 Warner Bros albums box version, the DVDa, and at least an original version as well.

I struggled to decide whether or not to get this for the same reason. Regretting not getting it maybe I still will, the package looks great. I have an OG, the box version and the 2011 version. The 2011 sounds so good I decided to save some dough (I'm broke as a joke between the Sphere and Dover). I'll hopefully snag it eventually once I recover. In 8 years when my kids are out of college.

shoreline99

Nice little haul at RSD. Grabbed the Garcia, Replacements Live, Talking Heads Live, Everybody Digs Bill Evans, Chet Baker & Jack Sheldon, YES Yale 1971, and the Noah Kahan album. 20 swifties ahead of me buying Taylor, Paramore, Laufey, and Noah Kahan. Was able to grab everything I wanted except for the Tragically Hip live album (they didn't get a copy).

No posters though, if anyone grabbed an extra let me know...
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mopper_smurf

I bought Steven Wilson's Harmonic Divergence.  Was on the fence for The Doors live in Stockholm 3LP, but it was way too expensive - 88 euros (94 USD), so I bought the 2CD. Was hoping for a copy of The Power Of The Heart: A Tribute To Lou Reed, but both shops in my city did not have it. 
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

I ended up snagging the Garcia set at my shop while stopping in on a whim after grocery shopping. Gonna try to grab the Talking Heads set online today.

And grabbed both Talking Heads and Nightfall of Diamonds this morning from Plaid Room Records online.

shoreline99

I grabbed the G. Love online. Had it in my hand on RSD and put it back...
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.