News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Forums

Started by guyforget, August 23, 2005, 02:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

alright, i take it all back ...
i'm getting a lot more used to things today, and i give it all a thumbs up!!

i now quite enjoy my tall and slim avatar...and if everybody else wants to keep those annoying scroll bars--well, to each his own!

power to progress!!
VIVA TEchnology
LOnger avatars for everyone!!
AND an afro on EVERY SMILEY!!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jephrey

:oops:

Yeah, my resolution on this shitty 12" at work blows.  I should wait till I hit the 23" at home to comment :-D  Well, with my res here, 150pixels works well

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

VA $l!m

...yeah, i ended up having to bring down the width to ~116(maybe<120) to make it fit w/out scrolling.

rowjimmy

Quote from: guyforget on August 24, 2005, 01:48:43 PM
... but I figure most people keep that clicked so that they can see the User Info and such... So its kinda redundant.

Guy-
Redundancy, while sometimes repetitive and superflous, is often useful and handy. And though, once in a while it's occasionally tedious; periodically, it's nice to have in place.

guyforget

All righty then.  Check it - http://week4paug.net/index.php

See 'em?  Theyre cool there?  Not annoying and redundant?  Id say that they work well there when a user wants to hide all of the other info up top.  BUT  - when you use those arrows to hide the info you have to redo it every time you reload a page.  It should save that setting for users...  wonder if thats something that I can enable somewhere - I dont recall seeing anything of the sort, and Ive been through it many many times in the past days.  Hrm...  :?
-AD_

rowjimmy

No. its not annoying.
redundant, yes, but not annoying in spite of the repetition.

August

guyforget...
is there still an sentbox for pm's?
just curious.
aug.

rowjimmy

August

rowjimmy

I'd like to add that i dig the Stats feature. both the personal and the overall board stats.
One thing tho, they documented something that i always thought true but didn't want to know.

the male:female ration here is

1:0

Jeez.

August

i just switched mine to female.
some newbie might actually think that i am brooke burke!
is that good....?
brooke.

guyforget

Yeah, no chicks...  no surprise in that, though. 

I find this board to be alot easier to follow.  The three necessary links:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
All unread posts.

It already appears to me that posts throughout the day are up.  I know I dont usually get to lurk during the day so I miss alot of the conversation, but it does feel to me that posting is up since the switch.  And hey, even slim is coming around.   :-D :-o
-AD_

August

slim has cut down to only three avatars a day :wink:
aug

rowjimmy

I've been posting heavily today.
Work sucks so I'm just not doing it.

VA $l!m

Quote from: guyforget on August 24, 2005, 05:02:37 PM
It already appears to me that posts throughout the day are up.  I know I dont usually get to lurk during the day so I miss alot of the conversation, but it does feel to me that posting is up since the switch.  And hey, even slim is coming around.   :-D :-o
:mrgreen:
--was that a DYS?   :| :wink:

anyway i guess the whole no female thing gives me the green light as far as more sexy asian avatars of the female persuasion...at least until my girl finds out. :-D