News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Police militarization and excesses

Started by VDB, June 09, 2014, 01:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

So a friend of my dad's was shot Sept 16 after his SUV stalled on the road.
He was unarmed and they had already tasered him to the ground.
Pretty unbelievable.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/terence-terrence-terance-crutcher-officer-betty-shelby-tulsa-oklahoma-black-man-shot-unarmed-video-family-photos-car/
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

These stories keep getting worse. Very sorry to hear the victim was close to your family, Budd.
Is this still Wombat?

susep

Quote from: VDB on September 20, 2016, 10:10:38 AM
These stories keep getting worse. Very sorry to hear the victim was close to your family, Budd.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VDB on September 20, 2016, 10:10:38 AM

He was a business associate of my fathers so I had never met him but Dad is pretty shook up about it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 20, 2016, 07:47:28 AM
So a friend of my dad's was shot Sept 16 after his SUV stalled on the road.
He was unarmed and they had already tasered him to the ground.
Pretty unbelievable.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/terence-terrence-terance-crutcher-officer-betty-shelby-tulsa-oklahoma-black-man-shot-unarmed-video-family-photos-car/

Heard about this on NPR this morning actually driving in to work. Watching that video, he had his hands up and his back to them, did not seem threatening in any way. Who knows what was said, but from body language alone, seems absurd that he was shot, or even tasered.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

I can't even imagine the fine line between the brutal reality of seeing video of your loved one's murder and the relief of knowing that very video will help bring justice. A situation I would not wish on my worst enemy.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Quote from: PGLHAH on September 20, 2016, 02:44:58 PM
I can't even imagine the fine line between the brutal reality of seeing video of your loved one's murder and the relief of knowing that very video will help bring justice. A situation I would not wish on my worst enemy.

Well stated.
Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VDB on September 20, 2016, 03:19:24 PM

Well stated.

ytowndan

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 20, 2016, 07:23:08 PM
Quote from: VDB on September 20, 2016, 03:19:24 PM

Well stated.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Seriously.

P.S. Cue racist douchebags telling the rich athlete to shut up in 3 ... 2 ...
Is this still Wombat?