News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Phone it in Friday" @ work

Started by mattstick, April 23, 2010, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Oh man, my 20 minute setup for a demo went awry when I ran out of HD space and corrupted a file.

Pulled out my Macbook and re-setup everything in front of the client in a matter of minutes, but I definitely was not phoning it in...

mbw

heading in an hour late, so that's a good start.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on May 14, 2010, 11:52:21 AM

Oh man, my 20 minute setup for a demo went awry when I ran out of HD space and corrupted a file.

Pulled out my Macbook and re-setup everything in front of the client in a matter of minutes, but I definitely was not phoning it in...

Troubleshooting equipment during demos makes me want to crawl into a hole and die.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Yeah it sucked, something was corrupted so everything looked right but behaved wrong.

Didn't help that the PC was ancient and we were running a really old version of Nuendo.

Being able to set it up in front of the client in a matter of moments might have proved beneficial in the end, they're out for lunch to hopefully complete the sale right now.

mattstick

Another Friday, phoning it in!

mistercharlie

My plan for work today:

• Make myself a Bacon and cheese sandwich,
  • Set up my bar.
  • Mix myself the 1st of probably 3 or 4 Margaritas.
  • Bid my time until I get to come back home.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on May 21, 2010, 09:20:33 AM

Another Friday, phoning it in!
Leaving at 2:00 to pack for a camping trip.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

messengerbird

Quote from: Phishy69 on May 21, 2010, 10:51:14 AM

Leaving at 2:00 to pack for a camping trip.

Are you taking the bus?
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

VDB

While you're phoning it in, be sure to visit Google.com. The logo today is a playable game of Pac-Man...

:banana:
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 21, 2010, 11:21:23 AM
While you're phoning it in, be sure to visit Google.com. The logo today is a playable game of Pac-Man...

:banana:

Yep.
Today is the thirtieth anniversary of both Pac-Man and The Empire Strikes Back!

PIE-GUY

You may notice by my post-whoring, I'm kinda having a "Phone it in May" @ work. April was a bitch, though!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

rowjimmy

Talked my boss into talking us to lunch. Gonna sit by the river and eat some crabcakes.

That won't suck.

kellerb

Woulda been here earlier, but had to go to one of those quarterly "All-employee" meetings.  2 hours of phoning it in, and a free lunch.  Official phone-it-in style

mattstick

I'm feeling downright busy compared to some of you guys...