News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Remembering Shawn...

Started by tet, May 18, 2012, 11:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on February 17, 2014, 11:33:20 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 17, 2014, 11:32:25 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 17, 2014, 08:20:52 AM
We miss him very much around here.Shawn was a great guy and quite inspiring to me.

Total understatement, he brought alot to this little community.

truth, this thread has it.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Superfreakie

So sorry for your loss Lyndsey.

While his art adorns my walls.

His raison d'être adorned my heart.

A most wonderful human being.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sophist

Quote from: lynzejo_24 on February 16, 2014, 11:07:34 PM
Wow all of this is so great to hear...I suffer everyday thinking about my brother and to read all the positive comments make me feel so warm inside I am glad you guys shared all your memories with me it really means a lot

Xoxo much love
Lyndsey (his sister)
Shawn was an incredible person.  Through all his struggles, he always was a glass full type of guy.  I always admired his devotion to Phish. 

I'll never forget the first time I met him.  He showed up at my apartment early afternoon, on July 3rd, 2010.  A few other paugers were over at my place.  We had all (Shawn included) gone to the show the night before in Charlotte.  We missed Shawn though.  He was always going in early to the shows to snag and secure a good spot on in the venue.  I forgot where he stayed on 7/2/10.  But he showed up early afternoon, on 7/3.  With his condition he was never much of a talker.  We shook hands, discussed last nights show, and shortly afterward he departed to head to the venue again. 

Phish fans always get the perception of being drugged out degenerates.  Your brother was always what defied that stereotype.  He was a kind soul, with a very open heart, always willing to help and share.  He was there for the music.  And the music only.  All the other bullshit, he always ignored.  His passion ignited and inspired him to travel and traverse across this great country for the sole cause of being enlightened by live music. 

2010 and 2011 he crashed at my apartment for the Atlanta runs.  In 2011, I remember him showing up at some ungodly hour in the wee hours of the morning, he had driven straight through from PA to Atlanta.  A truly impressive stint of driving.  You could sense he had physical pain, but he never talked about it or burdened anyone else with it.  Again, a truly noble and respectable approach to living. 

I think my favorite memory though.  Shawn, myself, and a few others got a hotel room for 12/31 and 1/1 for the 2010 New Years Eve run.  We stayed at the Hotel Penn.  For whatever reason, I ended up with Shawn at some pub down the road from our hotel.  He was meeting up with people from a different message board.  The reactions though.  Exactly the same as here.  It's quite telling that as individual he was loved universally.  People watching as strangers from the web put his face to his internet persona (which was the exact same as real life) and having the revelation, that Shawn was Shawn.  An awesome person to get a beer with and discuss Phish.  A loving person, with a thirst for life, and live music. 

He's def missed.  I'm also super grateful I got to know him and spend some time with him. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

lynzejo_24

All of you guys are awesome such good hearted people I am so happy that he has touched each and one of you guys somehow. Thank you for all the memories when I am feeling down I know I can always come back and read all the positive energy, it really means a lot to me this has been very hard for me to cope with God bless all of you :)

mattstick

Someone on Phishposters is selling their copies of 2 of the photo's Shawn had printed - $100 shipped for both Page and Fish, which is probably less than original cost...

http://www.phishposters.com/index.php?topic=96388.msg1537637#msg1537637

rowjimmy

Thinking of Shawn tonight.
Here's to ya, brother.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 18, 2016, 10:01:37 PM
Thinking of Shawn tonight.
Here's to ya, brother.

Such a good guy. I have nothing but positive memories of him. He was a positive guy.

Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Damn, it's been four years already. Still a stinging loss. Shawn was such a great guy.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Bobafett

This guy has been on my mind watching the webcasts...his photos were as good as any of these hi Def videos 7-10 years ago!

I know he's watching and loving it.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Bobafett on August 02, 2017, 08:54:26 PM
This guy has been on my mind watching the webcasts...his photos were as good as any of these hi Def videos 7-10 years ago!

I know he's watching and loving it.

There have been a few moments for me along the way, too. Honestly, the kid had a great eye.

I miss him.

aphineday

Nice bump. His name comes through my mind every time I hear Weigh for sure, but his pictures still live on.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mistercharlie

I was scrolling through some of my really old PM's here on the Paug and came across quite a few nice memories of Shawn. Plus The picture i use as my avatar is his and i have the full size black and white version hanging on the wall in my batcave.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

One of my prized possessions...

PIE-GUY