News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Soccer Thread

Started by MiamiPhish, August 18, 2008, 03:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

don't know about inter??  they're just like liverpool, you love em or hate em... there is NO middle ground.

me?  obviously i hate em
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

blatboom

this thread is suffering from a severe shortage of Swedish soccer chicks

Declan

talk to Ibrahimović.

I just took down Inter in fifa 09
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

jedifunk

Quote from: Declan on October 18, 2008, 11:17:27 PM
talk to Ibrahimović.

I just took down Inter in fifa 09

haha... nice.  i can't wait for pes to come out next month
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

MiamiPhish

Man U - Celtic  2:45 @ ESPN2

Jedi, Dec, you guys catching this one today?

Btw, I love how close the crowd is at Old Trafford... I'd say it's definitely my favorite stadium, though I've only seen one professional match in my life and that was at Sevilla's stadium, which is pretty old and primitive, for lack of better adjectives.

Declan

sevilla took down stuttgart pretty hard in the uefa group stage

naw i didnt get to catch that match... my channels are different in Kanadia

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

jedifunk

missed that, but did catch all the EPL & serie a action on FSC this weekend.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

Quote from: Declan on October 27, 2008, 03:56:32 PM

That ManU/Celtic game was totally on TSN bro.

Declan

Quote from: mattstick on October 27, 2008, 04:55:21 PM
Quote from: Declan on October 27, 2008, 03:56:32 PM

That ManU/Celtic game was totally on TSN bro.

y a probably,

im not really a fan of either team...

obviously man u is a very skilled team tho

jedifunk

they fuggin spanked celtic
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

Celtic looked funny in yellow jerseys, I was kinda confused.

jedifunk

forza milan!

look for milan to go top the table today after winning vs. napoli!

we haven't been top in a couple years now, and its about time
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

MiamiPhish

Any interesting matches this week, Jedi?

jedifunk

yes!!! will we get to see them here in the states?  probably not.

in the german bundesliga, you've got bayern munich vs. hoffenheim... this is going to be a sick match... hoffenheim just got promoted to the top flight for the 1st time in their history, and they are in 1st place, 3 points clear of bayern!!!!

they play and all out attack style and have been crushing everyone this season.  i think their goal differential is something like 20+ already, and its not even half way through the season yet!

in la liga, we've got a couple a really tasty matchups... barca v. valencia is gonna be great!  as barca has been rolling all season, and valencia sits in 3rd only 3pts back.  also real madrid v. sevilla... both are still in the hunt, but have fallen a bit behind, and each got thumped this last week, and desperately need the win... so that will be a good one as well.

in france, nice vs. marseille... they are tied for 3rd spot at the moment and looking for a spot in europe.

in the EPL, i think everton v. aston villa could be a good match, as villa tries to keep up their hopes of making top 4.

i think this week in the serie a could be kinda ho hum, as none of the big clubs are playing each other.

in argentina, boca juniors looks to wrap up yet another title with a win vs. gimnasia la plata.

that is also the case in brazil as sao paulo look to wrap up the title with a win on sunday.

so there you have it!  my quick synopsis for the week.  now if you get FSC like i do, you're most likely looking at getting some EPL matches and serie a

it looks like we'll get the everton v. villa match! as well as arsenal v. wigan.... as well as man u v. sunderland... we'll also get milan v. catania & lazio v. inter in the serie a.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

MiamiPhish

Not so lucky, I don't think.

I've got a Chelsea vs. Arsenal match on the tele right now, but I'm pretty sure its an EPL re-run.
Also, there's a Stuttgard vs. Schalke match -  but I can see this is from November 30.

Blahhhhhhhhh

Thanks for the update/info though, I'll be interested to hear how it all works out.