News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Kuroda friendly Phish videos?

Started by khalpin, March 08, 2007, 09:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

I didn't want to hijack the "Phish videos in circulation" thread, so just a quick post.  I think the Island tour DVDs are the greatest thing in the world, not only for the music, but mostly because the filmer graciously films the light show for the majority of the shows.  Actually, when I saw Phish again post-hiatus the thing I realized I missed most of all seeing shows was Chris Kuroda's handywork.

Anyway, so apart from the 4 Island tour shows, do any of the other recordings focus primarily on the light show?

Thanks in advance!
-Kevin

CRAZYED

I've seen a lot of phish dvds, imo those are the best to watch ck5 in all his glory.

rowjimmy

Aside from a certain Vegas run that we generally don't discuss....
Kuroda was there for Post Hiatus, was he not?

mattstick

Wolfmansbrother

ISLAND TOUR DVD'S!???
i didnt know about those!
any help in finding them???

:-D

mattstick

It may seem like a thin line, but grovelling for Phish DVDs is not permitted in this forum.

August

DoW

I don't know proper format but I think there is a site where these can be ummmm downloaded.
I don't have the site anymore but maybe someone else does if that is allowed.

I also believe they may be up on youtube to watch.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

tet

no, it's not allowed.  please read the above thread.

youtube clips are acceptable, as they are extraordinarily lossy and very shitty in quality.  if phish cared enough about those, i'm sure they would've complain about it by now...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

dasinfernet

Speaking of CK5 glory, my I make a minor request.  (in other words, may I look a gift horse in the mouth for a mo')

I'd like to kindly ask that if you ever find yourself in a position to tape a show, for love of all things holy and not holy, when a jam is reaching it's absolute pinacle, and the crowd is going apeshit and the CK5 has flipped all the switches, please, please, please reset the urge to do a sloppy, rushed, closeup on Trey.   (ex.  Brooklyn Maze,  4-3-98 antelope, one of the vids from 12-29-97...can't remember which song it was)

I wanna see the venue blow up, not Trey trilling his ring finger for farts sake.

BTW, the 11-14-95 vids are worth the bread, even despite the suck-egg compression.

Wolfmansbabymama

I think he was saying that post Hiatus he enjoyed watching Kuroda more than listening to the band.

hey, how did this single-cam, pro-shot sbd of 12/29/97 get on my big screen?

and i don't feel bad about it cause livephish pissed me off pretty bad. see Tela/Tech Support Discussions.
Quote from: phan003 on April 18, 2007, 07:40:22 PM
Band Bashing and owning is a 5 step process.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Wolfmansbabymama on March 08, 2007, 08:35:59 PM
I think he was saying that post Hiatus he enjoyed watching Kuroda more than listening to the band.

Upon re-re-reading, I see that, yes. +k to you and he.

DoW

Quote from: tet on March 08, 2007, 04:59:45 PM
no, it's not allowed.  please read the above thread.

youtube clips are acceptable, as they are extraordinarily lossy and very shitty in quality.  if phish cared enough about those, i'm sure they would've complain about it by now...

gotcha. I don't even know the site anymore anyway. I had it bookmarked at one time, but no longer.

I respect their policy and generally abide by it.  I actually buy the releases even though I know they can be acquired in other ways.

when you think about it, the Island Tour SBD's are well worth the money.  the videos I am torn on.  for $20, we should be getting an actual DVD of a concert IMO.  but I did buy the batch of these latest video files.  even though there is one out there, I think I will try and make my own DVD out of it.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate