News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Welp, late to the game but I finally finished this up after starting the whole series over from episode 1.

I kinda didn't hate the last season as much as everyone else I guess. Clearly, things got rushed but I only really despised the final 20 minutes. Bran the Broken? You've got to be f'n kidding me.  :|

Other than that. Shit was pretty epic. FIRE FIRE BURN BURN!  :crazy:

ETA: also... I feel like it wasn't until the very last episode that I had this thought.... Is Tyrion Lannister the main character?
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 29, 2019, 11:51:47 AM

ETA: also... I feel like it wasn't until the very last episode that I had this thought.... Is Tyrion Lannister the main character?

Yep

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2019, 11:57:05 AM

Yep

I feel like that aspect somehow flies under the radar the whole show. He's always around but there's so much focus on Jon Snow and his journey that Tyrion's path seems less.... epic perhaps?... but really, he was the glue between everything..
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 29, 2019, 12:01:44 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2019, 11:57:05 AM

Yep

I feel like that aspect somehow flies under the radar the whole show. He's always around but there's so much focus on Jon Snow and his journey that Tyrion's path seems less.... epic perhaps?... but really, he was the glue between everything..

If you sit down and rattle off the places he went, events he attended, people he knew and insulted... He, as much as any Stark, is the thread.

Hicks

Rickon was the most important character, which is why the show started sucking after he died.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on July 29, 2019, 04:47:47 PM
Rickon was the most important character, which is why the show started sucking after he died.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

Quote from: Hicks on July 29, 2019, 04:47:47 PM
if he was so important, why did Ned never teach him to zig-zag??
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

kellerb

I always thought boobs was the main character

tet

Quote from: kellerb on July 30, 2019, 12:48:39 PM

well, he is the god of tits and wine, after all...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

anthrax

Quote from: tet on July 30, 2019, 04:33:48 PM
Quote from: kellerb on July 30, 2019, 12:48:39 PM

well, he is the god of tits and wine, after all...

best god ever!

VA $l!m

house of dragons anyone
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 14, 2022, 09:13:31 PMhouse of dragons anyone
We're ready for it over here! With this story already having been finished by George R.R. Martin, I'm hoping this show doesn't falter like GoT did once it got past the source material.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 15, 2022, 05:06:44 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on August 14, 2022, 09:13:31 PMhouse of dragons anyone
We're ready for it over here! With this story already having been finished by George R.R. Martin, I'm hoping this show doesn't falter like GoT did once it got past the source material.
yeah ive heard it has potential bc of that. definitely interested how things pan out.
let me know what you think!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-