News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Week4paug Needs [Suggestion Box]

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: McGrupp on January 09, 2011, 05:39:56 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 09, 2011, 05:37:56 PM
the search function literally takes 2-5 minutes to produce results.
ooooowwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee, what up with dat, what up with dat?

lots of werdz to scan, breh!

werd, but i got netscape navigator loaded up on my windows '95 dial up machine and its quicker!

rowjimmy

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 09, 2011, 05:41:40 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on January 09, 2011, 05:39:56 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 09, 2011, 05:37:56 PM
the search function literally takes 2-5 minutes to produce results.
ooooowwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee, what up with dat, what up with dat?

lots of werdz to scan, breh!

werd, but i got netscape navigator loaded up on my windows '95 dial up machine and its quicker!

:deletes other people's old posts to truncate the index.:

guyforget

518002 Posts in 14856 Topics by 3794 Members.

thats a lot of database to search through, especially when you start searching for more than one word exclusively w/ another, using "quotes" and things like that.  be as specific as you can w/ your searches and only search the forum where the post youre looking for is. 

or, i can start deleting old threads. 
-AD_

mbw

Quote from: guyforget on January 09, 2011, 06:41:05 PM
518002 Posts in 14856 Topics by 3794 Members.

thats a lot of database to search through, especially when you start searching for more than one word exclusively w/ another, using "quotes" and things like that.  be as specific as you can w/ your searches and only search the forum where the post youre looking for is. 

or, i can start deleting old threads.

i dont know about forums and what not, but the google or any other search engine can sort through trillions of web articles in a matter of seconds...

isnt there a google search function you could implement on the site to search through it?

/just sayin, btw.

guyforget

ive made more valid comparisons that youve disagreed with than week4paug.net's search vs. google.   

you can go to google and search using the "site:week4paug.net yoursearchterms" function
-AD_

mbw

Quote from: guyforget on January 09, 2011, 07:00:44 PM
ive made more valid comparisons that youve disagreed with than week4paug.net's search vs. google.   

you can go to google and search using the "site:week4paug.net yoursearchterms" function

really not looking for a fight at all.  ^^ thats a good option.  just wondering why it cant/shouldnt be/ whatever into the site.  there are many sites that use an internal google search, right?

guyforget

im sure ive seen it.  ive never looked into how it happens or if theres an implementation for our software.  so, i dont know if it can / cant, should / shouldnt, etc, etc. 

-AD_

mbw

Quote from: guyforget on January 09, 2011, 07:22:17 PM
im sure ive seen it.  ive never looked into how it happens or if theres an implementation for our software.  so, i dont know if it can / cant, should / shouldnt, etc, etc.

ah, thus the "suggestion box"

guyforget

opening post of the discussion, while light hearted, did read more like a complaint than a suggestion.  but, destination suggestion noted. 
-AD_

mbw

eh, wasn't mean't that way, thus the snl reference, but whatever.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

ph92

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

blatboom

can we get a 2011 LST child board?  thx.

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on May 27, 2011, 06:40:03 PM
can we get a 2011 LST child board?  thx.

The child boards are for archiving previous years.

blatboom