News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechad

Quote from: khalpin on June 23, 2011, 03:46:12 PM
World's Greatest Dad - Robin Williams makes his son's accidental death look like a suicide

This is a great movie, it was written and directed by Bob Golthwaite.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

whatapiper

great thread idea, will report back!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

khalpin

I just realized the other day that they have Cheers available streaming.  I'm sure I've seen every episode and it's probably on 10 different TV channels everyday, but I haven't watched it in forever and am loving re-watching them sequentially. 

Real nice to do while telecommuting, too!

mistercharlie

On my xbox360 there is a 'Party' option. You can watch a movie with other people and talk to each other using the xbox headset. I think this would be cool, kinda like those LSTs where we watched old movies on AMC together.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

Man on the wire.

QuoteMan on Wire is a 2008 British documentary film directed by James Marsh. The film chronicles Philippe Petit's 1974 high-wire walk between the Twin Towers of New York's World Trade Center. It is based on Philippe Petit's book, To Reach the Clouds, recently released in paperback with the new title Man on Wire. The title of the movie is taken from the police report that led to the arrest (and later release) of Petit, whose performance had lasted for almost one hour. The film is crafted like a heist film, presenting rare footage of the preparations for the event and still photographs of the walk, alongside reenactments (with Paul McGill as the young Petit) and present-day interviews with the participants.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

shoreline99

Quote from: McGrupp on June 23, 2011, 05:52:01 PM
Quote from: spaced on June 23, 2011, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on June 22, 2011, 10:42:16 PM
If anyone is looking for a new show to follow (comedy, think: The Office, but with struggling actors in LA working the catering business), watch "Party Down". First two seasons available for streaming. I watched the first season in almost one sitting. Nothing super brilliant or new, but definitely entertaining.

I second the recommendation for Party Down. Extremely underrated show that would have been a huge hit in any sane world.

Prob too many drug references.

Paul Rudd'd

Fuckin' Steve Gutenberg.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

khalpin

Quote from: JustJezmund on July 07, 2011, 01:16:14 PM
Man on the wire.

QuoteMan on Wire is a 2008 British documentary film directed by James Marsh. The film chronicles Philippe Petit's 1974 high-wire walk between the Twin Towers of New York's World Trade Center. It is based on Philippe Petit's book, To Reach the Clouds, recently released in paperback with the new title Man on Wire. The title of the movie is taken from the police report that led to the arrest (and later release) of Petit, whose performance had lasted for almost one hour. The film is crafted like a heist film, presenting rare footage of the preparations for the event and still photographs of the walk, alongside reenactments (with Paul McGill as the young Petit) and present-day interviews with the participants.
That was a good one!

Thrillhouse

I'm not sure if this one is an instant watch or if you need it mailed to you.  But if you haven't watched "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room" You should get on that train...it does a pretty good job of laying out the corruption, although the movie was made in 2005 so it doesn't have information on the governments case against them. Regardless, check it out and learn something.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 07, 2011, 01:13:21 PM
On my xbox360 there is a 'Party' option. You can watch a movie with other people and talk to each other using the xbox headset. I think this would be cool, kinda like those LSTs where we watched old movies on AMC together.

this almost sounds creepy to me... slightly.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on July 07, 2011, 05:58:45 PM
I'm not sure if this one is an instant watch or if you need it mailed to you.  But if you haven't watched "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room" You should get on that train...it does a pretty good job of laying out the corruption, although the movie was made in 2005 so it doesn't have information on the governments case against them. Regardless, check it out and learn something.

Almost as good as "Pizza" !
Bring in the dude!

natronzero

Watched this one last night...

Some of the production was a little weird, but the show footage and interviews with friends and family are fantastic.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 07, 2011, 06:30:08 PM

Almost as good as "Pizza" !

these people don't even know about "Pizza" oh boy, everyone....i highly recommend you watch this, and expect nothing out of it.

Wow thats a bad movie
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

runawayjimbo

Plus, there's something about Bethany McClean that's just so damn sexy. She's the hottest smart chick I know.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

postjack

The Parking Lot Movie.

The story of a parking lot near the university of virginia, and the overeducated hipsters who work there. A fucking beautiful movie, especially if you have ever worked in customer service.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

Mr Minor

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 07, 2011, 06:01:31 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 07, 2011, 01:13:21 PM

this almost sounds creepy to me... slightly.

But also a little like Mystery Science Theater-ish, too.