News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jam>

mother! is worth seeing in the theater.

mehead

Quote from: jam> on September 21, 2017, 02:40:11 PM

I've been on the fence on this one based on what I've heard about the last 30 minutes and what Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem are supposed to represent.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gah

Quote from: barnesy305 on September 21, 2017, 12:11:02 PM
Not really the last movie I watched, but more the movies I'm about to see. About to land in Austin for Fantastic Fest. Im pretty fucking stoked.

Have a real good time.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

cactusfan

Yep. With all the intensity of opinion out there about it, I had to see it for myself. It's pretty wild and definitely worth seeing.

Wrote a little thing about it here:
www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2017/09/mother-review-aronofsky/

mbw

Quote from: cactusfan on September 24, 2017, 04:55:24 PM

Yep. With all the intensity of opinion out there about it, I had to see it for myself. It's pretty wild and definitely worth seeing.

Wrote a little thing about it here:
www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2017/09/mother-review-aronofsky/

Was waiting to see what you had to say about it.  Looking forward to it now.

Hicks

Mother! was indeed nuts, even by Aronofsky standards.  Uncomfortable, anxiety inducing and genius.

Go see it in the theater if you want to support innovative film making. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

Loved it.  I didn't realize it until afterwards but it's also available on Amazon Prime.

mbw

Saw mother! the other day and loved it.

mehead

Quote from: mbw on October 04, 2017, 08:41:40 PM

Going to see it on Sunday and can't wait!

mehead

Quote from: mehead on October 04, 2017, 09:09:09 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 04, 2017, 08:41:40 PM

Going to see it on Sunday and can't wait!

That was awesome.

Buffalo Budd

Watched Miles Ahead a couple nights ago, severely underwhelmed.
The acting was good, even great as far as Cheadle's performance but I just thought the storyline was ail over the place and had no flow.
Not one of my favourite biopics, that's for sure.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

I had the unique pleasure of watching a new movie that friends of mine made right here in town, on an extremely low budget and with no prior filmmaking experience. (I even leant my own talents as an extra.) It's a good-times throwback to grindhouse fare, schlocky horror, sexploitation cinema and other wholesome stuff. Rather fun and surreal to watch the credits roll and feel like you know half the names. A proud moment for many.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: VDB on October 15, 2017, 11:53:51 PM

I had the unique pleasure of watching a new movie that friends of mine made right here in town, on an extremely low budget and with no prior filmmaking experience. (I even leant my own talents as an extra.) It's a good-times throwback to grindhouse fare, schlocky horror, sexploitation cinema and other wholesome stuff. Rather fun and surreal to watch the credits roll and feel like you know half the names. A proud moment for many.

Awesome
Would watch.

mattstick

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 08, 2017, 08:45:46 PM
Watched Miles Ahead a couple nights ago, severely underwhelmed.
The acting was good, even great as far as Cheadle's performance but I just thought the storyline was ail over the place and had no flow.
Not one of my favourite biopics, that's for sure.

Some good ideas, some bad execution.  Still some great scenes.

gainesvillegreen

Saw Mother! about one week ago.

I'm glad so many people enjoyed it, I went into it blind, and thought it was a complete waste of time, one of the worst movies I've seen all year. It fails on just about every level it attempts. The effects at the end were impressive giving credit where credit is due.

And I am very much in the J Lawrence can do no wrong camp. Should have loved this movie since is was 60% close-up shots of her face. I like Javier too, for sure. But I wouldn't recommend that movie to anyone.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.