News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/31 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, January 01, 2011, 01:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

blatboom

there's no place you'd rather be.  but the shows have no replay value so that's how you know they've really fallen off.  I had a blast tonight but have no interest in relistening to the whole thing

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 01, 2011, 01:38:56 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 01, 2011, 01:32:26 AM
but I bet it would have been a fun place to be for New Year's Eve.

All critiquing aside, I would of given my left testicle to have been there tonight grooving with the paug kids. I think that's what folks miss when I am critical. I haven't seen Phish since Shoreline 2000, and that's after having seen 150 shows. I lived on tour for 12 years (some of that GD). There's no place on earth I rather be. I couldn't care less what's coming out of the speakers, just to feel the energy and vibe of everyone again. I miss it all.....too much.  :cry:
Me too, me too  :shakehead:
But it's fun to have a decent stream...
and another show tomorrow where there's a possibility they can redeem those imperfections we may have had in their performances this far.  Or actually surprise everyone except a select few.  Isn't that really why most of us still go to  :phish: shows anyways.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 01, 2011, 01:44:51 AM
and another show tomorrow where there's a possibility they can redeem those imperfections we may have had in their performances this far.

But you see, while I might say last night (30th) felt like there were imperfections, ie. the band falling out of sync in the second set, tonight there were no imperfections, they were tight as fuck for the most part. It was more the style and approach I guess. So yeah, let's hope tomorrow they are tight as fuck and jammy.  :rockout: :phish:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

susep

I really thought Trey sounded sweet in Sand, patient, listening, adding colors.  What I really miss is the union of the 4 of them coalescing into great improvisational moments where their sound opens up and hits you like a force.  they don't play that way at all, zero.   

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 01, 2011, 01:50:59 AM
and another show tomorrow where there's a possibility they can redeem those imperfections we may have had in their performances this far.

But you see, while I might say last night (30th) felt like there were imperfections, ie. the band falling out of sync in the second set, tonight there were no imperfections, they were tight as fuck for the most part. It was more the style and approach I guess. So yeah, let's hope tomorrow they are tight as fuck and jammy.  :rockout: :phish:
The whole cake and eat it too saying would go perfectly here but, I guess I ruined that now.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: susep73 on January 01, 2011, 01:57:52 AM
I really thought Trey sounded sweet in Sand, patient, listening, adding colors.  What I really miss is the union of the 4 of them coalescing into great improvisational moments where their sound opens up and hits you like a force.  they don't play that way at all, zero.   

I thought he sounded sweet as well. I just would of liked to have seen it develop more, turn the corner if you will, allow a member to lead them down one path and the others follow, then, let another take over and go somewhere else. This happened in the Ghost although they didn't stray to far off the main course. Trey sat back and Page began to pound out a theme, he eventually caught it and they moved in said direction and began the build to the climax.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 01, 2011, 02:01:27 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on January 01, 2011, 01:50:59 AM

The whole cake and eat it too saying would go perfectly here but, I guess I ruined that now.

I'm wearing my bib and the utensils are polished.

aphineday

Didn't really hate Beauty of my Dreams... maybe it's just the alcohol.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mbw

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Buffalo Budd