News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1TB for $400

Started by whyweigh5.0, January 24, 2007, 11:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newplanet7

Quote from: nab on January 25, 2007, 01:34:12 AM

Archive, Archive, Archive

It would however make seeding a lot easier.
Archiving gets my vote. I archive everything. And if you do it as you go along, and not rack up 250gigs that you have to archive, it's well worth it. I just had a buddy who lost a couple years of shows to a dying hd.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

Marmar

Quote from: PhishJY on January 27, 2007, 09:18:54 AM
No.  The reason is because both partitions are on the same drive.  If the drive dies, you won't be able to access either partition.

Not always the case, but still......no.

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Guyute

Quote from: whyweigh2.0 on January 24, 2007, 11:57:33 PM
I would have to think the manufacturer was very trustworthy to store that much on their product.  I can't imagine how mad I would be if I lost that much data

I would feel more comfortable with say... 4 250gig drives linked together
You will get your wish, soon.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Marmar

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Guyute

Better, but pricier is coming

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Marmar

well....I've finally done it......

The External SCSI beast is slowly being built........

1 spare mid-tower ATX case
1 350 watt power supply
2 Adaptec SCSI RAID card
2 68pin internal to 50pin external HD50 adapter
2 9 foot SCSI cable

All I need now is the drives.........I figure I can prolly stuff around 10-15 drives in there nicely, maybe 20 if I do the mods right.......

Anyone know good places to find used/pulled SCSI drives?......

Guyute

have you tried
www.pricewatch.com
Might be just as cheap to buy new.

Marmar

ummm.....

Seagate Cheetah 15K.4 ST336754LW 36.7GB 15,000 RPM 8MB Cache SCSI Ultra320 68pin Hard Drive - OEM $197.99
vs.
36GB SCSI Fujitsu U160 10k RPM 80pin MAN3367MC - System Pull $37.83

Granted, the specs are a lil different, but not so much to outweigh the price difference.......plus, I found a site that has a LOAD of SCSI drives that are new that they are massively overstocked on...........can you beat a new 18gig 10k Seagate Cheetah for $8.60? < NOT a typo......