News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

First Song at Hampton

Started by cactusfan, October 01, 2008, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williaa

Gumbo72203

Quote from: TheIguana on October 01, 2008, 08:55:08 PM
PHISH
Hampton Coliseum
Friday, March 6th, 2009

:-D :lol: :-D

oh dear god....    haha
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

blatboom

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 01, 2008, 09:46:49 PM
Quote from: slslbs on October 01, 2008, 07:13:48 PM
Quote from: G. Augusto on October 01, 2008, 06:36:47 PM
The Curtain With.
There will be a Fluffhead during one of the first three nights, too.
a
Yep
I predicted that in one of the "rumor" threads a while back and stick to it.

i said that last night in the rumor thread...  

my guess is:

The Curtain With, to start things off in the way they should have ended.
A new song, to show that they have new stuff.
Get Back On The Train, well...  for obvious reasons.  
Fluffhead/YEM/Divided Sky, to show that they actually give a shit this time.  
2001, because of what August said about a 10-minute intro before Fish drops the beat
Glide, because that would be cool because of the lyrics.

these all make sense, but I'm really pinning it on a new song or Fluffhead.  

you just guessed the whole catalog, Nostradamus.   :-D

susep

"melt, split open and melt..."

Hicks

Quote from: caravan2001 on October 01, 2008, 09:49:18 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 01, 2008, 09:42:53 PM
gonna have to go Back in the Saddle by Aerosmith.

great minds think alike  :wink:

Quote from: caravan2001 on October 01, 2008, 06:30:48 PM
cover opener?  "Back in the Saddle Again", Aerosmith....

ha, I don't think I saw your post, at least consciously, that's funny.  Fuck they could play "Dude Looks Like a Lady" for all I care, as long as they rock it!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Declan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

Gumbo72203

i'm really wondering what songs will be brought back into rotation and which ones will be dropped.  I have a feeling Jibboo and Sand will be left out again, but I hope they don't keep First Tube kicked to the ground, or Heavy Things. 

I think it would be just the coolest if they brought back all the old songs that they essentially ditched after like... '98, like Buried Alive, Alumni Blues, Esther, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Mango Song, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, BBFCFM, Contact, Fast Enough for You, Billy Breathes, Guelah Papyrus, Mound, Tela, etc. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Declan

first night will actually open with Halley's

I'm going down to the central part of fucking Hampton VIRGINIA FOR THE REUINION PHISH CONCERT!!!!!
:banana: :banana:

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

Poster Nutbag

:evil: Wilson!!!    :evil:    Wilson!!!    :evil:    Wilson!!!  :evil:
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Guyute

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on October 01, 2008, 11:06:05 PM

:evil: Wilson!!! Wilson!!! Wilson!!!  :evil:

That or Chalk Dust.  My hope is they don't go that route and hit The Curtain or something
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Casey Lenahan

pyte

its always been my dream setlist opener
I owe Aug $20

messengerbird

:phish::mrgreen: :banana: :phish: :mrgreen: :banana: :phish: :mrgreen: :banana: :phish: :mrgreen: :banana: :phish: :mrgreen: :banana: :phish: :mrgreen: :banana: :phish: :mrgreen: :banana: :phish: :mrgreen: :banana: :phish: :mrgreen: :banana: :phish: :mrgreen: 2001:banana: :mrgreen: :phish: :banana: :mrgreen: :phish: :banana: :mrgreen: :phish: :banana: :mrgreen: :phish: :banana: :mrgreen: :phish: :banana: :mrgreen: :phish: :banana: :mrgreen: :phish: :banana: :mrgreen: :phish: :banana: :mrgreen: :phish: :banana: :mrgreen:
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

tet

Ha Ha Ha > PYITE

but it should be YEM
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Gumbo72203

it'll actually probably be Stash, or something.  or Terrapin Station > Ghost > Colonel Forbin's Ascent* > Jennifer Dances > Fly Famous Mockingbird

* - with narration about the 'worst song we ever wrote'

nab