News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 02, 2019, 01:10:02 PM
So, this weekend I finally pulled out my copy of Bear's Sonic Journal: Allman Bros. at Fillmore East Feb. 1970. Run was limited to 1500 for record store day - turns out my copy is 0004/1500. That's pretty cool, imo!

Smart investment, that pressing goes for big $$$. 

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on July 10, 2019, 12:56:10 PM
9000 is a pretty big run, I bet they hang around and will be cheaper in a couple months.
Amazon UK has it for $68 but shipping takes it up to $80.  Still going to hold out for domestic copy at $65-70 before I pull the trigger.

Also, this caught my eye while I was going down the ebay vinyl rabbit hole, it's pretty dope:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOB-DYLAN-1963-Songs-By-Bob-Dylan-ORIGINAL-WITMARK-DEMO-LP/254184076583?hash=item3b2e8d3527:g:wPgAAOSwFfJcoS6g

Caravan2001

Quote from: susep on September 02, 2019, 01:31:08 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 02, 2019, 01:10:02 PM
So, this weekend I finally pulled out my copy of Bear's Sonic Journal: Allman Bros. at Fillmore East Feb. 1970. Run was limited to 1500 for record store day - turns out my copy is 0004/1500. That's pretty cool, imo!

Smart investment, that pressing goes for big $$$.

Sick.  How is the playing?  The regular version comes out on 9/20 so I'll probably snag it once it does.  The other Sonic Journals have been awesome.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 04, 2019, 01:06:38 AM

Sick.  How is the playing? 

We all know the Fillmore East album well, right? That was recorded just over a year later. It's pretty incredible to hear how much deeper shit got in that year. The playing is phenomenal here, though. It's just noticeably "earlier" if that makes sense.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Nice- I'll probably grab that.

emay

Got the Big L and War On Drugs.

mattstick

2 Blue Note 80s (Blakey Indestructible, Kenny Dorham Una Mas) and 2 Blue Note Tone Poets (Donald Byrd Chant, Stanley Turrentine Hustlin') from Amazon showing up this week.  Hipster jazz party at my place this weekend.

mattstick

Played all 8 sides of my Blue Note haul, Una Mas and Chant are particularly good.

Pepper Adams Baritone sax on Chant is fantastic, he pushes the pace, never really heard him but he has a couple other titles with Donald Byrd.

Caravan2001

Not familiar with those titles.  Will check them out for sure.

mattstick

VMP Anthology 2 looks interesting...

Introducing Vinyl Me, Please Anthology: The Women of Motown — an immersive journey into this storied label told through the music of the women who made it legendary. Limited to 1,000 — be aware that spots will likely sell out quickly (our first Anthology, The Story of Blue Note Records, sold out in less than 3 hours).

9/19 - Early access discount sale begins
9/20 - On sale to the public
Only 1,000 spots available
AAA cut by Ryan Smith & pressed at QRP

mopper_smurf

I have a soft spot for self-released albums and these two just made it to my home.

The Petals - Seven Stops
The Gerbils - Are You Sleepy (20th anniversary, finally on vinyl )
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

How does that VMP release work? Do I have to sign up for record of the month shit to participate?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 16, 2019, 10:41:18 PM
How does that VMP release work? Do I have to sign up for record of the month shit to participate?

No, the Anthology sets are their own thing. It's a box set where they don't tell you which records you get.