News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, December 30, 2011, 11:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2011-12-30
MSG

Set I: Punch You In The Eye > Prince Caspian > Backwards Down The Number Line, Nellie Kane, The Divided Sky, Sand, Vultures, Rift, Joy, Quinn The Eskimo (Mighty Quinn)

Set II: Wilson, Axilla, Piper > Twist Around, Julius, Golgi Apparatus > 2001, The Horse > Silent In The Morning > David Bowie*, The Squirming Coil

Encore:  Boogie On Reggae Woman, Good Times Bad Times

*with Silent In The Morning teases in the intro

rowjimmy

ytowndan

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 30, 2011, 11:52:48 PM
I enjoyed streaming this show.

Same here.  It was the first complete show I've listened to in a long time (months maybe?).  I think I'll be pulling the trigger again tomorrow. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 30, 2011, 11:52:48 PM
I enjoyed streaming this show.

Definitely a nice option. And I'll continue purchasing it to encourage the practice. But that was brutal.

It amazes me they can look so confused tonight after seeming so comfortable last night. The madness of 3.0 continues.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

aphineday

I pretty much agree with RJ's assessment of the high points. Enough that I actually have a desire to hear the Piper>Twist, and Bowie again for sure.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Caravan2001

Good show with some great parts. Detailed review coming up. On train back listening to new Stones Brussles boot which I highly recommend. I also highly recommend the Sand and Piper from this show. Was seeing triple, now seeing double.

cactusfan

watched at a venue in town, projected on a big screen, with big sound.
thoroughly enjoyed piper through bowie.

DoW

I haven't heard it but I'm not sorry.  my 3.0 love has vanished into moe.ronic feelings

moe.
12/30/2011
State Theatre
Portland, ME

Set 1: Z0Z> Head> Billy Goat, Crab Eyes>(nh) Down Boy> George

Set 2: The Road> Ricky Marten> Time Ed> The Road, Rainshine, Water, Four, Plane Crash

Encore: Okayalrighten though I was a sleepless mess b

eta:  good to hang with undermind and brother in law tonight even though I was a sleepless mess before meeting them.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

aphineday

Quote from: bvaz on December 31, 2011, 01:34:38 AM
I haven't heard it but I'm not sorry.  my 3.0 love has vanished into moe.ronic feelings

moe.
12/30/2011
State Theatre
Portland, ME

Set 2: The Road> Ricky Marten> Time Ed> The Road, Rainshine, Water, Four, Plane Crash

Encore: Okayalright
Been a while since I've listened to a moe. board. May have to dig this one up. Thanks bvaz.
ETA: If you see this board up anywhere can you toss a link my way? Thanks man.

DoW

Quote from: aphineday on December 31, 2011, 01:37:23 AM
Quote from: bvaz on December 31, 2011, 01:34:38 AM

moe.
12/30/2011
State Theatre
Portland, ME

Encore: Okayalright
Been a while since I've listened to a moe. board. May have to dig this one up. Thanks bvaz.
I was just being a wise ass really, but there were some good points.
I honestly have no recollection of plane crash as I went to sit down because I had been awake since 5am Thursday morning and came back to during the encore break.
I taped it and will tape tomorrow but am not transferring until I get home.  a copy will most likely be up tomorrow though.

now, I'm finishig my beer and then off to much needed sleep.  will liaten to phish tomorrow and review.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Multibeast12

Listening to the piper now. I decided to skip everything else. But this piper isnt to bad. Not that far into it yet but im enjoying what i hear. I.miss when they use to drag the begining out. But.oh well.

Would like to make a sidenote. Live Phish app is so baller. Can not wait to stream tomorrows show.on my drive back from the city. Will be going down for times square.

aphineday

Sweet. I'm in no hurry.  Looks like they jammed a bit, so regardless of your being a wise ass, I'll still definitely have a listen ;)
Get some rest!

mistercharlie

Quote from: Multibeast12 on December 31, 2011, 01:44:51 AM
Listening to the piper now. I decided to skip everything else. But this piper isnt to bad. Not that far into it yet but im enjoying what i hear. I.miss when they use to drag the begining out. But.oh well.

Would like to make a sidenote. Live Phish app is so baller. Can not wait to stream tomorrows show.on my drive back from the city. Will be going down for times square.

All of these things. ^

I skipped right to the Piper and I am listening on the livephish app.

Page is killing it at the start of this jam.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

qop24

watched the stream last night, can't wait to listen to that piper again  :crazy:
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy