News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-08-10 - Walnut Creek - Raleigh, NC - Post Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, August 10, 2018, 10:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

2018-08-10
Walnut Creek - Raleigh, NC

SET 1: Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan > Funky Bitch, Ocelot > The Wedge, Wombat, Guelah Papyrus, Birds of a Feather > Saw It Again* > Timber (Jerry The Mule), Limb By Limb > Farmhouse > More

SET 2: Meatstick ** > Drowned -> NICU > Thread > Runaway Jim -> Run Like an Antelope -> Runaway Jim > Run Like an Antelope -> Makisupa Policeman > Run Like an Antelope > You Enjoy Myself

ENCORE: A Day in the Life

* Clowny Clown Clown (Crispin Glover) quote by Trey
** In My Feelings (Drake) quote by Trey
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

ytowndan

Well, that was really fun.

My only complaint is that Trey had to remind us that Clowny Clown Clown is a thing. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VA $l!m

glad i tuned in when i did for 2nd set.  Was that jim/lope/makisupa something new or have they done that before? i especially thought the lope>makisupa segue was sweet.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Just finished - I love that I can rewind the youtube and watch behind.

That was a heater. Loose as fuck, but creative and fun. I can't fucking wait to see Phish next week. That is all.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

Also, that YEM vocal jam fucked with my dog - apparently I was not alone:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on August 10, 2018, 10:49:47 PM
Well, that was really fun.

My only complaint is that Trey had to remind us that Clowny Clown Clown is a thing.

All of this.

emay

Hicks

Sick show, super loose and fun. 

One of the better overall shows of the summer that I've heard. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

nab

Quote from: Hicks on August 11, 2018, 12:36:31 AM
Sick show, super loose and fun. 

One of the better overall shows of the summer that I've heard.

Can't disagree with that. 

mistercharlie

Tasty tranny's abound in that second set!  The boys are having fun this summer, and it has me excited for what Curveball will bring.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

shoreline99

Second set was great, glad I left it on while doing stuff around the house. That YEM was a great closer.  :rawk:
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VDB

Beer vending before the show was virtually nonexistent -- guess the authorities had seen to that. I bought a hush-hush can of Busch off someone for like three dollars and was thrilled. So the Makisupa was a nice touch.

Overall, fun show based on the strength of the second-set antics, obviously more concepty than jammy. I was happy to have closed a 33-show YEM gap. Fifteen minutes now till wheels up for Charm City.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: VDB on August 11, 2018, 12:04:01 PM
Beer vending before the show was virtually nonexistent -- guess the authorities had seen to that. I bought a hush-hush can of Busch off someone for like three dollars and was thrilled. So the Makisupa was a nice touch.

Overall, fun show based on the strength of the second-set antics, obviously more concepty than jammy. I was happy to have closed a 33-show YEM gap. Fifteen minutes now till wheels up for Charm City.

33, damn! 

Guess I don't have any room to complain about my 13 show gap for YEM. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged