News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2010 NBA Playoffs

Started by VA $l!m, April 17, 2010, 09:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

I will definitely be trying to grab Rondo for fantasy next year, dude is for real.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on May 14, 2010, 10:48:24 PM
I will definitely be trying to grab Rondo for fantasy next year, dude is for real.

unreal is more like it.
personally i think i dig him the most for his SUBLIME approach to the game. a true classic PG, with some great flair in his game as well when its warranted. the dude is totally a thinking mans player, and maturing more every game.
when you are taking down records posted by greats like BOB Cousy and the other icons from the celtic record books, it is time to take notice. holla. :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

blatboom

Lebron is a freak athletically and a fantastic player but I have zero respect for him and his act on and off the court.  it's to the point now where I find myself actively rooting against him

Hicks

Quote from: VA slim on May 14, 2010, 10:55:28 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 14, 2010, 10:48:24 PM

unreal is more like it.
personally i think i dig him the most for his SUBLIME approach to the game. a true classic PG, with some great flair in his game as well when its warranted. the dude is totally a thinking mans player, and maturing more every game.
when you are taking down records posted by greats like BOB Cousy and the other icons from the celtic record books, it is time to take notice. holla. :mrgreen:

After watching Andre Miller all year I think their games are somewhat similar, of course Rondo is way more talented though, but Miller also brings a real intelligence to the game that you don't see from many guys.   Billups is probably the other guy that springs to mind as far as current "heady" players.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

MiamiPhish

Nothing to do with this year's playoffs, but my cousin found this great read about Shane Battier (and much more.)  Must read for basketball fans..

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/magazine/15Battier-t.html

Alumni

If Rondo could just stay within himself a little more - guy is great, but he throws away a lot of offensive possessions with missed layups - and some of 'em don't even have a chance.
Cause I got a degree

Buffalo Budd

Kobe is sure putting on a clinic tonight.  I'd love to see the Suns knock them out and Nash win a championship but if Bryant keeps playing like this, that ain't happenin'.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Superfreakie

Quote from: Hicks on May 17, 2010, 11:42:25 PM
fucking Lakers.
fucking haters. how you like me and my color coordinated brace now?

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VA $l!m

Hicks

Quote from: VA slim on May 18, 2010, 09:52:26 PM
LET'S GO CELTICS!!!

Dudes are on the rampage!

Tonights game was the best I've seen so far in the playoffs, at least until the Magic gave it away in the last 30 seconds.

VA $l!m

with Gasol playing this good the lakers are tough to beat.

Superfreakie

Quote from: VA slim on May 19, 2010, 11:25:23 PM
with Gasol playing this good the lakers are tough to beat.

Odom is hot too.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Alumni

Thankfully the Suns are playing such great defense that the Lakers will be fully prepared for the slugfest that the Finals will be.  :-P
Cause I got a degree

Superfreakie

Quote from: Alumni on May 19, 2010, 11:42:56 PM
Thankfully the Suns are playing such great defense that the Lakers will be fully prepared for the slugfest that the Finals will be.  :-P

Yeah, what did happen to the much vaunted new Suns defense? Has looked very much like the old Suns to me.